Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vastunghia

Thank you wib,

I would prefer to stick to full 14-bit depth, but I'm curious to hear from your experience: do you find that 10 bits are enough even for complex scenes with a heavily stretched dynamic range?

Anyway, I'm very interested in the possibility of temporarily switching Global Draw on during recording. I did't think this was possible. Could you please explain exactly how to configure this? EDIT: I guess it was the old INFO button. Got it now ;)

Thanks a lot

Sergio
5D3 for video
70D for photo

MCChristor

@Danne

Possible to get 12bit 4096x1440 25FPS working? When activating 12bit it does crash with some errors and works normal with 14bit (but stops after few seconds). Should be almost continuous with 12bit.

JayJayProductions

How can I install the module to my 1.2.3 nightly build on my 5d mark III? sorry for the noob question

Walter Schulz

Quote from: JayJayProductions on April 12, 2022, 02:40:22 AM
How can I install the module to my 1.2.3 nightly build on my 5d mark III? sorry for the noob question

You will most likely fail to install/use a single module from a custom build if you are running nightly. You should install the build completely. See https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq -> Installation

anto

Hi guys. What is the max res that gives real-time preview on the MKIII?

Bruno Italiano

I can see more information in the colour.
× Bitdepth OFF
× ratio OFF
×14bit lossless
×No sound
×Frozen LV
×kill canon GUI
×don't kill global draw
×Card Spanning
×One more hack
×Ivface +aewb
With these settings even Magic Zoom works and Follow Focus Arrows with the autofocus of the lens.

wib

Quote from: anto on April 19, 2022, 12:20:22 PM
Hi guys. What is the max res that gives real-time preview on the MKIII?

all is real time.

1080P with correct framing and 2K, 4K, 5K.. are also real time but with cropped framing.
EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

koopg

Quote from: Bruno Italiano on April 19, 2022, 01:10:53 PM
I can see more information in the colour.
× Bitdepth OFF
× ratio OFF
×14bit lossless
×No sound
×Frozen LV
×kill canon GUI
×don't kill global draw
×Card Spanning
×One more hack
×Ivface +aewb
With these settings even Magic Zoom works and Follow Focus Arrows with the autofocus of the lens.
Please can you explain what is
Magic zoom
And what is do. You mean autofocus ? Can you autofocus with 5d3 during video rec?

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk

anto

Quote from: wib on April 19, 2022, 03:04:57 PM
all is real time.

1080P with correct framing and 2K, 4K, 5K.. are also real time but with cropped framing.
yeh, I mean real time correct framing.
how much cropped others?

same way via hdmi?

Wushuliu

Quote from: anto on April 23, 2022, 12:20:50 PM
yeh, I mean real time correct framing.
how much cropped others?

same way via hdmi?

I would like to know the preview framing/crop specifics as well. Contemplating getting a 5D3...

gravitatemediagroup

the newer 113 build under construction or has the DL location changed? Sorry if I missed any news/info regarding this

winmediacenter

Great job works like a charm

Continous UHD 3840x1536 12bit by holding from time to time halfshutter with clear overlays option enabled

data1706

Hello,
i'm using Danne's build to capture timelapses and it works very well. Often i'm using the preset "Full-res Live View" which works with 7,4 fps. For many timelapses this framerate is to fast and i need maybe 1-3 fps. Unfortunately the fps override function isn't working. Is it possible to create custom profiles with custom framerates?

thanks
data1706

mkh50

Hi!
I'm a documentary filmmaker and I'm curious is it possible to shoot continuous scenes with latest builds with a resolution near 4K and near 16:9 ratio. 
I would need to be able to shoot as long as 1 hour continuous, and it doesn't matter if it is saved in raw or some other format.
I still don't own 5DIII so I can't test it, that's why I'm asking for help here :)
I do own 6D, but as I figured out 5DIII is much better option.
So if somebody can tell, is this possible and if yes, what resolution is possible to get in what bit depth and in what format?

P.S. two details, I do need live view on camera as I do not use external monitor, and I do need ML peaking.

Thanks!  ;D

ShittyWebsite

You can use Fps Override with the low light setting (rather than high fps)
I can get continuous at 5fps and card spanning

I also made a lua script with some settings that i mostly use (1080p, full-res with half shutter, 3.5k, and  burst 5fps by holding half shutter)
I can share that script if you want to

Danne

Pretty sure I include lua timelapse scripts in the bottom of the Movie menu section.

Bender@arsch

Is there a way to turn off bitdepth reset while camera starting?
I personally use crop rec only, but if I start the Camera in Photo mode, the bitdepth setting will reset almost every time, while sd overclocking process. I know you have Implemented this for 3x3.

Sagedavid

Hello,
I'm a true beginner, just an amateur photographer wanting to go in video, not too bad in lighting management, but really not good at computers...

Does anybody can post me a link to get a "smooth and high resolution video setting"?
When I'm starting with default presets (not RAW format), everything is ok. As soon as I'm activating "RAW video (MLV) ; 1920x818 ; aspect ration 2.35:1", all I get is a jerky video (on MLV Player on my computer)...
NB : I'm recording at 88MB/s on a lexar professional 1000x 32 GB CF UDMA7

Regards 

Lackus

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum, so first just wanted to thank everyone who is still involved into the development of this awesome project. :)

My question mainly concerncs the live preview stuff. I have found a few discussions which are dated like 1-2 years old (probably outdated) and there is not too much visual demonstration which could show how it works.

So basically, at which presets can 5dmk3 have correct framing in live preview without black&white and skipped frames without the ~13 MB/s boost hacks applied, which presets, on the other hand, can give normal live preview with these hacks enabled? Furthermore, which of the presets also work flawlessly with an external monitor and which do not?
I have seen some great demonstrations with 650d/700d build, but couldn't really find anything on 5dmk3, sorry if it was already discussed recently! :(

Thank you very much.

vastunghia

5D3 for video
70D for photo

Dmytro_ua

Hi
Does Proxy work with any of the RAW presets? Even with a regular 1920p RAW it only records 5-8 seconds and then an Emergency stop appears.
SD card is selected as a preferred card. RAW goes strait to CF. The sound in RAW is corrupted when proxy is enabled.

I'm using Sandisk Ultra Micro SD HC I with an adaptor. Maybe this is a reason?
The latest build 2022May15.5D3113.zip
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

Walter Schulz

Do card + adapter work with full speed using a cardreader? Yes -> No, no reason.
Some Ultra cards have a very low write speed. Around 20 MByte/s. Standard H.264 recording requires around 5.5 MByte/s.