24 Hours In Zurich, Switzerland - 5D Mark III 60fps

Started by Rob Curd, November 06, 2018, 10:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Curd

https://youtu.be/NY7lwPUvu3U

Some shots from a trip back in April to Zurich, Switzerland. It is a beautiful place and cant recommend it highly enough!

I recommend viewing a Zurich travel guide and researching the best sites. We viewed the Grossmunster and Fraumunster churches and sat by Lake Zurich. I wish we had time to visit Uetliberg however!

I shot the entire video with the 5D Mark III. I used the new 4k crop rec module and shot everything in 60fps 14 bit lossless raw. The lens was mainly the Canon 24-70 f2.8L version and some on the Samyang 14mm T3.2.

Would love your feedback!

xplorer

This looks great ! But did you edit it and color grade it or not ?
Is it real 14 bits or 8 bits converted to 14 bits ? did you notice a real 14 bits depth ?
is it 3800 px or 4192 real 4k ?
Sorry for my questions lol, i'm only starting to look into magic lantern, and i'm not aware of th models that work totaly fine.
Does the 5d mk III have a 5 axis stabilization ?
thanks for sharing, it often looks like real cinema !

Rob Curd

Hi explorer,

Thank you for your comment. 

The clips were exported with an slog 3 gamma curve using mlv app. I then used a lut I have. In heindsight it looks a little muted.
Footage was shot in 14bit lossless raw and once on YouTube the mp4 will be 8 bit I think because of the conversion.
No 4k just 1080p, it was the 4k module of ml I was using.
No stabilised sensor I'm afraid, far as I know it's only the mirrorless like GH5 and Sony's that have that.

Feel free to ask any questions, it can be a minefield at first!