Lisbon moves // 6D ML RAW (x5 CROP MODE)

Started by jackmoro, August 01, 2018, 09:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackmoro

Attempt to capture amazing spirit of the grand capital. Good headphones and sound ON is a must!

Tech: Mostly (95%) shot in crop mode with 10-18 lens, 10bits.

Thanks for watching // Alex follow at: facebook.com/alexaasolo

Dmytro_ua

R8 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

Melvin Jose

Very good. Looks like you shot it on film.

50mm1200s

Very cool. Some scenes have too much unsharp, but that is fine for web streaming.
I've been wanting to try these cool sound effects between transitions. Any of you know how to do it?

KelvinK

Great cinematography and colors. I see you're filming with 5DIV, why did you back to 6D?
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

jackmoro

Quote from: KelvinK on August 03, 2018, 10:46:51 AM
Great cinematography and colors. I see you're filming with 5DIV, why did you back to 6D?

Thanks. Well, yes currently 5D, image quality is superior to 6D in every aspect. Too bad that 5D w/o ML feels like a brick, rather then video tool.

rainless

Absolutely STUNNING! I visited Lisbon in the Spring and somehow missed EVERYTHING you shot! :D
The Gear - Canon 5D Mark II, Yongnuo 565EX flash, PhotoSel 3mx3m backdrop stand with 3mx3m muslin backdrops. Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it studio lights, some big-ass 110cm reflector. Unlimited German Models

jackmoro

Quote from: rainless on November 01, 2018, 07:41:26 AM
Absolutely STUNNING! I visited Lisbon in the Spring and somehow missed EVERYTHING you shot! :D

Well, great that you can see things you missed? :)

IDA_ML

This is the type of videography where ML shows what it is up to and how it can make our cameras shine.  Congratulations!

Would you please share how you were able to adopt the 10-18 lens to the 6D?  Did you cut the rear part?  If you can point to a video guide on that, I should appreciate that.  Also, if you provide some information on your color grading workflow, that would be useful too. 

And finally a recommendation:  Your clips, are too short and this makes the entire film look chaotic, especially the timelapse scenes.  If you make the clips longer (3 to 5 sec. each) and chose a somewaht faster frame rate for the timelapses, the viewer will gain a much better impression of the places that the film was shot at.

jackmoro

Quote from: IDA_ML on November 18, 2018, 03:49:22 PM
This is the type of videography where ML shows what it is up to and how it can make our cameras shine.  Congratulations!

Would you please share how you were able to adopt the 10-18 lens to the 6D?  Did you cut the rear part?  If you can point to a video guide on that, I should appreciate that.  Also, if you provide some information on your color grading workflow, that would be useful too. 

And finally a recommendation:  Your clips, are too short and this makes the entire film look chaotic, especially the timelapse scenes.  If you make the clips longer (3 to 5 sec. each) and chose a somewaht faster frame rate for the timelapses, the viewer will gain a much better impression of the places that the film was shot at.

Thanks.

I used small saw to remove the EFS plastic from behind, nothing hard - just be sure to remove it fully. On 6D it's safe to turn camera off when lens is on 10mm, on 5DIV mirror hits the lens and camera bricks, you've to remove battery to make it work again.

Grading for every video is different, so there's no particular advice how to it right.

Editing, well - there's no goal to give you entire impression of the exact location, but something bigger that will left after watching the whole piece. This is kind of modern way to deliver information to young content eaters.