Any way to monitor audio with headphones on the Canon 6d

Started by boakadu, February 12, 2018, 09:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boakadu

I've been doing lots or research to see if you can monitor audio with headphones on the Canon 6d.  I've read that there might be a future updated release but I'm still not seeing anything.  Does anyone know if this is possible yet?  I film a lot of interviews and would love to monitor with headphones.  I have purchased the Sescom DSLR 550d-HOCF cable but still no luck. 

Please help...

Thanks

allemyr

5D3? It has a way better sensor in terms of antialiasing, is the price difference still that much?

jankyy

Hi,

same with me: I'm trying to monitor my live audio recordings via the camera-USB with an A/V cable & headphones. Playback sound works. But when I plug in the USB cable while in recording mode the camera display goes dark, no sound coming through. Is that regular 6D camera behaviour? Or am I missing a setting?

I found something about a 'Tragic Lantern' branch, that seemed to have been doing the job. Has this part of the code been lost?
Also I found this: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/random-geekery-adding-headphone-monitoring-canon-6d-firmware-tempey

I'm not a coder. Any way this could be (or already is?) implemented into the late MagicLantern?

Thanks very much - Jan