24 Hours In Brighton - 1DX MK II & 5D MK III ML

Started by Rob Curd, October 21, 2018, 10:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Curd

Shot in beautiful Brighton in South East England. I had a Canon 1DX Mark II for the weekend along with a DJI Ronin S. The clips were shot with the 24-70mm f2.8 L version. Timelapses were shot on the Canon 5D Mark III using Magic Lantern. I used 120fps for almost all the shots and played with time remapping in post. Music and sound effects from epidemic sound.

Would love some constructive criticism!

https://youtu.be/g5lhZJzD4ps

goldenchild9to5

IDA_ML

Beautiful!

For the timelapses, I would recommend a somewaht faster fps.  A nice compromise between fast moving objects (trafic, water, etc.) and slow moving ones (clouds) in the shot would be 2-4 fps.  In this way, the timelapse would not be so fast and chaotic.

Rob Curd

Quote from: IDA_ML on October 23, 2018, 10:36:27 AM
Beautiful!

For the timelapses, I would recommend a somewaht faster fps.  A nice compromise between fast moving objects (trafic, water, etc.) and slow moving ones (clouds) in the shot would be 2-4 fps.  In this way, the timelapse would not be so fast and chaotic.

Thank you for the feedback :).

I shot the first two at around 1 frame every three seconds and the final day to night at 1 frame every 30. I agree they feel slightly rushed. Song choice was maybe a bit too quick for timelapses.