UHS SD Card recommendation

Started by Turkheim, October 18, 2018, 07:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkheim

I've just bought a t4i (650d) and I'm planning to use it for doing some video and timelapses, (not professional work). but I want to try raw video to learn color grading and stuff. I need to buy a new card and I don't know what are my options. I've found some stuff around the forum but some post are really old and I don't know what is relevant anymore. I've read somewere that there is a camera limit at 40mb/s and that the camera doesn't support uhs3 cards. I'm thinking of buying a 16gb sandisk extreme (not pro) but I don't know if there is a better one for raw video. also, I'm not sure it this is the proper place for this topic, I didn't put it in the t4i raw video specific topic because there are other cameras that use the same cards and the discussion is already very dispersed, and buying a proper sd card should be one of the first priorities I think. anyways, move it if you have to. thanks in advance.

saulbass

Use a SanDisk Extreme Pro 95Mb/s - and buy from a reputable vendor. This will give you sufficient speed to capture 1920 x 1080 10bit raw continuous with a 650D providing you can find a SD-card hack for the 650D which seem to have disappeared.

Turkheim

yeah, I saw some of that but I'm still to noob to understand. I'm going to give it a try when I have the card. is it the same the sd card and the micro sd card?