ML menu flashes on and off in video mode {6D MKI}

Started by commandeur_brin, September 30, 2018, 07:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

commandeur_brin

Hi all ! Just getting started with ML and there seems to be a bug when going in the menu in video mode. While browsing, the screen flickers back to liveview every 15 seconds or so.

I don't know if it's a known but, hence this post. Is there any way to remedy this problem ?

Thanks !

Robin

Walter Schulz

6D 1.1.6 download page -> Troubleshooting -> Known issues.

commandeur_brin

Thanks for this and sorry for not finding it myself... I'm still wrapping my head around all this and I'll probably ask stupid questions sometime... :)

Back to topic : So I see that the issue is noted as solved and I get to this page : https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/e2310ef

So this is the code to fix the flickering issue ? How am I supposed to use the fix ? copy and paste into the SD card files somewhere ? Again, I'm a beginner at ML so sorry if that's basic knowledge !

Walter Schulz

This fix was commited for lua_fix experimental build -> Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (Drop down menu) -> Experiments.
Probably transfered to other experimental builds as well but not implemented into main build yet.

Taking a code piece from an experimental build and just copying it to main: No, it doesn't work this way, sorry.

commandeur_brin

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 18, 2018, 04:38:01 PM
No, it doesn't work this way, sorry.

Hence the beginner and sorry part of my message. :)

Thanks for your patience !