ETTR feedback viewing time

Started by stan101, October 18, 2018, 11:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stan101

With ETTR, when I take the first shot, I get the feedback in the top left hand side of the screen saying what the settings will change to. This feedback only lasts as long as the photo review is set for. For example, if I have the display of the image set to say only 2 seconds, then the feedback only lasts two seconds.

Is there anyway to keep the feedback showing longer on the screen without extending the review of the image by more than 2 seconds?

bakersdozen

EOS M + 5D3

Audionut

This should be easy with LUA.

You're going to need to turn the screen on to display these settings.  Why not just increase the time that the screen was previously already on (image review time).

a1ex

Actually it's a little hard with Lua.

How it works:
- image is captured
- review screen appears
- ETTR runs, prints the status message
- review screen disappears (screen is turned off, message is erased)
- screen may or may not turn on again, depending on settings and shooting mode

To display that message longer, one has to record it somewhere and re-display it. With Lua, probably the only option would be to capture the bitmap rectangle containing that text, and re-display it somewhere else (where exactly? keeping it in the same place will most likely conflict with other stuff).

Easiest way is... extending the image review time in Canon menu.

stan101

I played around with a few options on the weekend and have decided to show the low mids and highs on the Live View screen and keep the review turned on full time. I then use the half trigger to turn off the review when needed.

Thanks for the feedback, I was misinterpreting a few of the settings but I think I have it sorted now.