Started by javismiles, October 16, 2018, 06:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javismiles

Dear forum

Im trying for the first time raw video,
Im using a 64gb card:
SanDisk Extreme PRO, 160 MB/s

in theory that should be ok for at least 3k right,
however even trying 3k is going into skipping frames and stopping after half a second,
why would that be?
thank u very much

whyfy

What camera are you using.

The the limitation in data rate is the interface between the camera you're recording and the memory card.

javismiles

Thank you for your message,
I have a Canon 5D Mark III,
the Mark III,
and extre pro 160 mb/s sandisk

so I dont get it, anything above 1080p raw is skipping frames
why would that be?
how are people  then managing to record  3.5k raw on the mark III?

IDA_ML

Quote from: javismiles on October 16, 2018, 08:58:13 PM
how are people  then managing to record  3.5k raw on the mark III?

Dear friend,

You will be much better off if you stop asking questions that have been discussed 1000 times on this forum but try to find the relevant topics, read them carefully and after finding the answers to your questions, try to reproduce on your camera the results that have already been reported, (see for example the description on the Experimental download page and read the 5D3 crop recording thread linked there).  Then just click through all the camera menu options and read CAREFULLY the lines of text on the bottom of the screen.  In this way, you will become aware of the limitations and what is doable and what not.  Then just go out and shoot some test videos, process them and enjoy the results.  Magic Lantern requires a lot of patience, reading, thiking  and understanding.  If you are not willing to invest some time and effort in this process then this forum is not for you.

And most importantly, do not abuse the forum rules and the patience of the users that are trying to help you. Otherwise, you may get banned!

javismiles

Dear friend,
that's exactly what I did all day yesterday and also all today morning,
because of that and because of all your help I was able to finally successfully test and use 3.5K Raw and make a test video

Vimeo
https://vimeo.com/295586595

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFOgpU_Q66g

thank you everybody and thank you Magic Lantern for creating such an amazing thing
all best