CR2 file cropped after importing to Photoshop (Fixed!)

Started by Kharak, December 14, 2015, 12:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

@Erik: Makes sense (IMO). An option in CR/PS to ignore aspect ratio setting (and other tags involved) would be just fine. Cream on top: Able to toggle between native and cropped image. Or an overlay.
@Kharak: Happy to hear/read you made it just in time!

Kharak

So this crop is applied with and without ML being installed? when taking pictures in Movie Mode?

I don't remember if I've had the Blue Overlay Lines when viewing pictures on my MK II, I am guessing it is because it does not have a dedicated Movie Mode.
once you go raw you never go back

zoran01

Hello,
I am facing the same issue - with having .cr2 images cropped in photoshop while I can see them in preview larger.
I am trying follow the solution stated here but must be doing something wrong.

I am on windows 7 and I:
1. downloaded "Exiftool(-k)" renamed it to "Exiftool" and located it to my desktop.
2. located the .cr2 file at the desktop too.
3. I rather closed other programs in which I had had the .cr2 file open.
4. I run prompt command tool as an administrator, set the direction to my desktop and run the commands stated in the comment from walter_schulz / vertigopix below but it did not work (see the atached image).

Could zou please advise?
Do I understand it correctly that the command should be applied to all images/their metadata in the selected location?

Thank you. zoran
Quote from: walter_schulz on December 14, 2015, 03:36:15 PM
- Rename exiftool(-k).exe to exiftool.exe
- Place exiftool.exe in the same directory where your CR2 files are
- In Explorer press Shift key and open context menu for this folder (Shift + right) mouse key
- Select "Open command prompt here"
In this new window give the commands

Exiftool -b -Aspectratio+=249 dir
Exiftool -CroppedImageTop=0 dir
Exiftool -CroppedImageHeight=3840 dir

Kharak

Long time since I dealt with this, after this I just stuck to Liveview if I needed any ML assist when taking pictures. Taking pictures in movie mode is the culprit.

Place pictures and exiftool in same folder and right click on an emtpy space in the folder and click 'open command prompt here' and then apply the commands.

It does not work if you start the Command prompt from Start menu (if I recall correctly)
once you go raw you never go back

Walter Schulz

The message says that your cr2 files are not in folder "C:\Users\Desktop\Zoran". If you type
dir *.cr2 Windows will tell you "files not found" again.
If you placed your files in another folder it won't work.

Open context menu for your cr2 file and select "Properties". I suppose you either created a shortcut instead of copying it to the desktop folder or copyied it to "public" desktop folder instead.