Disable overlays like "Movie Recording Has Been Automatically Stopped"?

Started by RikkWolf, October 12, 2018, 08:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RikkWolf

Hey all,

I've searched the forum and can't seem to find this addressed. Apologies if my Seach-Fu is poor.

I'm a gaming live-streamer who installed Magic Lantern on a 5D Mark III (webcams just aren't up to par for video quality in my opinion).

I installed Magic Lantern to keep the camera going past the 30 min. mark using sticky shutter and clean overlays to get rid of the screen clutter. I go into my PC using the camera's HDMI out into Elgato's USB CamLink gizmo.

However, using sticky shutter to keep LiveView on doesn't work for me because at the 30 min. mark, the camera still blacks out for a second to restart. This causes OBS (my streaming software) to cease communication with the 5D completely, leaving my camera a black nothingness during my live stream. I have to deactivate the feed in OBS and reactivate it to get my ugly mug back on-screen. Very distracting to the audience and unprofessional. 

OBS doesn't cease communication with the camera at the 30 min mark if you RECORD but I still get that pesky "Movie Recording Has Been Automatically Stopped" message for a few seconds. It's better than the alternative but still really annoying.

Is there any way to disable messages like that from overlaying?

I've heard of SparkoCam but I can't confirm that the software can override a Canon's built-in 30 min. shut off.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,
Rikk