Plz remove 90sec delay limit between posts...

Started by Marsu42, August 23, 2012, 01:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

... at least for verified members like supporters, devs etc. I'm perfectly capable of writing a meaningful post in less than 90 seconds, but with the limit now the text is gone beyond recovery if submitted too early which is rather tiresome.

Francis

Unfortunately, given the forum software we are working with, it is not possible to give different post-time restrictions to different member types. 90 seconds, in 90+% of cases, should be a perfectly reasonable time period within which one may post, read another post, and then reply while taking a brief pause to consider what they are posting. It is one very minor inconvenience in comparison to the havoc that could be created by 1 spam-bot that evades the verification process and our spam blocker. Also, unfortunately, the traffic this forum has garnered in the past 2 months has increased our visibility for spammers, which the moderators and administrators are seeing more of on the back end.

Marsu42

Quote from: Francis on August 23, 2012, 01:48:14 AM
Unfortunately, given the forum software we are working with, it is not possible to give different post-time restrictions to different member types.

Ok, I can understand that. I guess the software is only able to count 90secs from the last *try* to post? Because just now this happens: Wait 89sec -> error -> counter is reset -> Wait another 89sec -> next error (though the last real post is 2*89sec ago) - argh. At least I've learned to ctrl-a+ctrl-c my post before submitting.

scrax

I'll ask for a reduction at least.
I have that problem a lot when tying to reply quickly to simple questions, like:
- not possible,
- check that,
and so on.

The problem is that it will make me leave the question without a reply and stop doing that "support session".
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5