Volunteer to translate ML into Chinese

Started by acely, February 06, 2013, 11:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acely

I am a photographer in China and have been using ML on my Canon 50D for a long time.And now i've installed ML on my 5DMIII.
I have to say that ML is really fantastic !  I LOVE it !
So am thinking about translating ML web page and PDF manual into Chinese.
Just to help more people here in china get to konw it ,cuz i think this kind of goof tool can help more people.
And I am doing this NOT for money or any benefits.Just for sharing.

Yesterday administrator replied me as:"As far as the website is concerned, it should be as simple as enabling the multi language support in the backend. "
But i think auto-translate by APIs such as Google can't be accurate enough.(I think i can do it very accurately :P)
So am thinking about building a site using joomla here in china~as a child site ;D

scrax

With the multilingual backed you will be able to translate it without using google translate, so far you can start translating install and user guides in the wiki (it needs another registration for now) that are the most important thing to have localized first.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

acely

Already created a wiki on wikia,and translated part of User Guide
http://zh.magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
But it's my first time using wiki,cant get really use to it :P

SuperJackRabbit

Translating the user guide into Chinese is a really cool idea

but I don't think it's necessary to build a child site.