Wedding Short shot on 5DM2

Started by jolly, October 04, 2018, 05:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolly

https://vimeo.com/290051782

Shot this back in August for a friend. They asked me last minute ( the day before the ceremony ) to come and video their wedding, and I brought my only camera the 5DM2.

I've been playing around with Magic Lantern for a few months now, mostly on shooting things in my apartment and my dogs. I was a little nervous seeing this is the first time videoing something that has any significance to someone else.

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with the results I ended up with.

The process of reviewing the MLVs and prepping them for editing was kind of a pain, but the image quality surpassed what I expected.

I used my only two lenses for the shoot, 24-105 f/4 ( came with the camera back in 2011 ), and a 50mm f/1.8 that I picked up at a camera store.  The 50mm f/1.8 really saved the shoot in the dinner and dance ceremony, as my 24-105 f/4 didn't deliver enough light in the low light setting, and I didn't want to gain up my ISO and get noisy results.

I've learned a lot about videography in this shoot, much more than randomly playing around with my camera on my spare time. A great lesson in the end.

Feel free to ask any questions or offer some gentle critic.

That's all.  :)

Hi5!

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: jolly on October 04, 2018, 05:30:38 AMI didn't want to gain up my ISO and get noisy results.

Why did you even bother about high ISO if you add so much film grain at post?
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

jolly

Well, the reason I bothered about high ISO is because at the stage of acquisition, I am aiming for the cleanest picture possible, so I can have achieve better denoising in post production, as grading with heavy digital noise yields bad results.

Film grain was applied at the very end to taste. I believe it looks quite nice. :)

Thank you!

jpegmasterjesse

Great job, I'm sure they were happy! Weddings are hard!