Wedding Short shot on 5DM2

Started by jolly, October 04, 2018, 05:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolly

https://vimeo.com/290051782

Shot this back in August for a friend. They asked me last minute ( the day before the ceremony ) to come and video their wedding, and I brought my only camera the 5DM2.

I've been playing around with Magic Lantern for a few months now, mostly on shooting things in my apartment and my dogs. I was a little nervous seeing this is the first time videoing something that has any significance to someone else.

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with the results I ended up with.

The process of reviewing the MLVs and prepping them for editing was kind of a pain, but the image quality surpassed what I expected.

I used my only two lenses for the shoot, 24-105 f/4 ( came with the camera back in 2011 ), and a 50mm f/1.8 that I picked up at a camera store.  The 50mm f/1.8 really saved the shoot in the dinner and dance ceremony, as my 24-105 f/4 didn't deliver enough light in the low light setting, and I didn't want to gain up my ISO and get noisy results.

I've learned a lot about videography in this shoot, much more than randomly playing around with my camera on my spare time. A great lesson in the end.

Feel free to ask any questions or offer some gentle critic.

That's all.  :)

Hi5!

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: jolly on October 04, 2018, 05:30:38 AMI didn't want to gain up my ISO and get noisy results.

Why did you even bother about high ISO if you add so much film grain at post?
R8 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

jolly

Well, the reason I bothered about high ISO is because at the stage of acquisition, I am aiming for the cleanest picture possible, so I can have achieve better denoising in post production, as grading with heavy digital noise yields bad results.

Film grain was applied at the very end to taste. I believe it looks quite nice. :)

Thank you!

jpegmasterjesse

Great job, I'm sure they were happy! Weddings are hard!