Magic Lantern Cinema Camera - Dual ISO without aliasing & without quality loss!

Started by theBilalFakhouri, September 18, 2018, 10:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbytheriver

@Danne Thanks! I'm getting 85% compression at 12bit suggested :o

What bit rate is best for dual-iso? I'm on KB1066x 128gb...
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

timbytheriver

@Danne  :D For sure! 14-bit lossless 12-bit lossless seems to work ok...
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

timbytheriver

Quote from: Danne on March 21, 2019, 02:52:34 PM
I renamed 1x3 to anamorphic. Set 2.35:1 and enable dualiso as a guideline. 1x3, 3x1, 3x3 and so on can be pretty hard to differ from...

@Danne Apart from 'Anamorphic', are there any other 1x3 binning modes in this build? Native 1920x1080 isn't 1x3 is it?
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

theBilalFakhouri

New build for 700D:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qnhTArl_DsfyHaLLfQJDPbLD85OBtMxB

-White Level is correct for Analog gain (thanks Danne)
-Now once you load sd_uhs it will patch during start up, no need for script and enabling it manually (thanks Danne)
-There is no 11-bit lossless , it will start from 10-bit lossless to 8-bit lossless depending on ISO (I removed 11-bit lossless to enhance recording time in ISOs 100-800)
-Included Dual ISO fix for ISOless 8 & 15
-Shutter flickering has been fixed (Thanks a1ex)
-Removed Crosshair in crop_rec :D
Quote from: a1ex on September 15, 2018, 06:34:17 PM
I forgot a crosshair in that bleeding-edge crop_rec source :) (used it for verifying the centering formulas)

Note: Once you enable crop_rec and change Y or X resolution the actual bit-depth Will be 10-bit lossless , there is no 14-bit lossless (You should always select 14-bit lossless from mlv_lite if you want to use crop_rec in this build , and the final bit-depth will be 10-bit lossless , I did this to enhance recording times and I couldn't figure out how to chose between 14-bit to 12-bit lossless when using crop_rec) and once you disable crop_rec you can use the bit-depths from mlv_lite normally .

How to use 1x3 Binning:
Load crop_rec and restart the camera, activate crop_rec , go to crop_rec submenu by pressing Q button , chose 1x3 Binning , press Menu button to refresh LiveView , That's it! --> To increase the Vertical resolution Just change Y resolution to 2214 (Sweet Spot) and refresh LiveView by pressing Menu button and getting back to LiveView.

Note 2: When you do any change in crop_rec you Must/Should/Have to refresh the LiveView manually ! How? by pressing Menu Button and going back to LiveView otherwise your settings will not be applied , if the settings were saved and crop_rec was activated and you turn on the camera You should also make a refresh .

Danne

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on September 15, 2018, 03:40:57 PM
Pixel binning" border="0

This: the Icon in the center "+" , it was showing in LiveView and ML settings once you load crop_rec and without even activate it, it was very annoying same as the mouse on the screen when you are watching a movie :P

70MM13

I shot a bunch of scenes last night for my next video using dual iso, and while reviewing the footage after converting it overnight using mlvapp, I once again am seeing flickering whenever light levels change.

This is a fatal flaw for any serious work.  I don't know how many people are willing to restrict themselves to filming scenes where the light levels can never change, and the actors are forbidden from walking past a light, shining a light at the camera, playing a piano closeup, casting shadows on bight surfaces, reflecting light off their glasses, etc.

I'm obviously doing something wrong, as always...

Since my reports are always met with hostility and an unwillingness to even acknowledge the issues, I am only adding this repeated report to the record and then leaving it up to someone without this obvious stigma around their neck to check it out for themselves and report it so it may actually get resolved by the powers that be.

In the meantime, I will trash my entire night's work and redo it all at iso 111, which works without "surprises".

any attacks directed at me won't be seen, so don't waste your time - time that should be spent investigating this real problem that exists for people who actually produce real creative works with dual iso.

theBilalFakhouri

ML is not a paid software , I am facing some problems also with the software I want "someone" to fix it , be a volunteer :D

What MLVApp version do you use ? + Give a sample file as Danne mentioned

Jerchongkong

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on August 11, 2019, 10:10:14 PM
New build for 700D:

-Now once you load sd_uhs it will patch during start up, no need for script and enabling it manually (thanks Danne)
-There is no 11-bit lossless , it will start from 10-bit lossless to 8-bit lossless depending on ISO (I removed 11-bit lossless to enhance recording time in ISOs 100-800)
Note: Once you enable crop_rec and change Y or X resolution the actual bit-depth Will be 10-bit lossless , there is no 14-bit lossless (You should always select 14-bit lossless from mlv_lite if you want to use crop_rec in this build , and the final bit-depth will be 10-bit lossless , I did this to enhance recording times and I couldn't figure out how to chose between 14-bit to 12-bit lossless when using crop_rec) and once you disable crop_rec you can use the bit-depths from mlv_lite normally .

How to use 1x3 Binning:
Load crop_rec and restart the camera, activate crop_rec , go to crop_rec submenu by pressing Q button , chose 1x3 Binning , press Menu button to refresh LiveView , That's it! --> To increase the Vertical resolution Just change Y resolution to 2214 (Sweet Spot) and refresh LiveView by pressing Menu button and getting back to LiveView.

Note 2: When you do any change in crop_rec you Must/Should/Have to refresh the LiveView manually ! How? by pressing Menu Button and going back to LiveView otherwise your settings will not be applied , if the settings were saved and crop_rec was activated and you turn on the camera You should also make a refresh .

You can do a build for the 650D Canon, I would like to try all this on my camera and make better videos.

lightwriter

New build for 700D:

How to use 1x3 Binning:

Hi there!

I'm a newbie regarding Magic Lantern...I have installed the Canon build for the Canon 700D around the 13th of August from the official page. How can I install the build you shared?

vstrglv

New build for 700D:

How to use 1x3 Binning:

Would you please port this build for 5D3-1.1.3

To Danne I am sorry, but your build crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Jul20.5D3113.zip does not work for me in 1x3 dual iso mode. If start record a lot of errors appear.
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

vstrglv

I can not share, because camera hungs with errors when I start recording dual iso.
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

Danne

Cannot check this atm.
What modules are enabled?
What errors?
Maybe do a screenrecording?

vstrglv

Quote from: Danne on October 12, 2019, 09:48:03 AM
Cannot check this atm.
What modules are enabled?
What errors?
Maybe do a screenrecording?
crop_rec, dual_iso, mlv_lite, mlv_play, mlv_snd

Screen video   https://drive.google.com/open?id=197C-ikpZeaI_yYlzJu0OzWfTQoeMhtiF

DeafEyeJedi

Strange... using @Danne's build from 2019July20 works w Dual-ISO as far as I can tell. Will have to dig this deeper on your end. Are you able to record Dual-ISO w a different build?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

Quote from: vstrglv on October 12, 2019, 06:51:37 PM
crop_rec, dual_iso, mlv_lite, mlv_play, mlv_snd

Screen video   https://drive.google.com/open?id=197C-ikpZeaI_yYlzJu0OzWfTQoeMhtiF
17.8 fps? Is that the full read out preset? I don´t really use that one personally.
i would run the "anamorphic" mode in either 2.35:1 or 16:9 set from ratio menu. Also leave fps override alone. Iso 3200/800 seems a bit strange. Base iso 100 is more or less mandatory imo and then add second iso i.e 100/800, 100/1600 or 100/3200.

vstrglv

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 12, 2019, 07:30:48 PM
Strange... using @Danne's build from July20 works w Dual-ISO as far as I can tell. Will have to dig this deeper on your end. Are you able to record Dual-ISO w a different build?
Yes. for example build on 25.10.2018. But there is only 192x2320 and fixed 10 bit.
Quote from: Danne on October 12, 2019, 07:49:13 PM
17.8 fps? Is that the full read out preset? I don´t really use that one personally.
i would run the "anamorphic" mode in either 2.35:1 or 16:9 set from ratio menu. Also leave fps override alone. Iso 3200/800 seems a bit strange. Base iso 100 is more or less mandatory imo and then add second iso i.e 100/800, 100/1600 or 100/3200.
Yes, 17.8 fps. I do not know what is "the full read out preset".
I have found out that errors were because 14-bit lossless settings in RAW video menu. If I set 10 or 12 bit it works, but preview is frozen.

Danne

Not fixed 10bit. You can change this in the vrop mode sub menu. Not from the raw video section.
I would not recommend the 17 fps preset.

vstrglv

Quote from: Danne on October 12, 2019, 09:18:13 PM
Not fixed 10bit. You can change this in the vrop mode sub menu. Not from the raw video section.
I would not recommend the 17 fps preset.
It is impossible to change 10bit in the crop mode sub menu. There is nothing about bit. I am talking about 25.10.2018 5D3 113 build.

theBilalFakhouri

vstrglv

Thank you! The main problem of this build (20Jul2019) is frozen preview.