Canon EOS R / RP

Started by SpenceM, September 05, 2018, 03:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

It's mantra time again ...

If there is no ML for your cam act like there will be no ML for your cam ever.

kitor

Quote from: sast on May 18, 2019, 08:52:46 PM
Hello,
is there somebody, who is still working on ML for Canon EOS R?  >:(

Refer to this. No posts = no news.

Quotef. e. Intervalometer, Motion detection,
So we have something in common (had to bring notebook with me last time I suddenly needed intervalometer). However I risked a lot to my camera (as seen in this thread) to at least try to make it happen.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

sast

Hello kitor,
thanx for your work to make it happen.
Everyday I take a look in this forum to see the development.
Best regards from Germany

DaGentooBoy

I have been using/watching ML for years on several different cameras. I love the flexibility that ML provides and I am really excited about the 4k options that ML has brought to the newer cameras.

I recently upgraded to an EOS R and I was trying to find the version of QEMU that works with the R as well as the current progress mapping functions. I have a background in embedded programming and hardware design. If someone can help me get caught up I can try to lend a hand.

johannjr2

Is there a patreon page where we can support the development of certain cameras like the EOS R/ RP or even 5d mark IV (any newer canon with dual pixel autofocus). Thanks in advance!

Walter Schulz

sast

Warum so eine unfreundliche Antwort auf eine gute Frage?

kitor

Quote from: sast on July 16, 2019, 10:14:25 PM
Która odpowiedź jest niegrzeczna?*

English, please.  ::)

Sorry, had to.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

reddeercity

Quote from: sast on July 16, 2019, 10:14:25 PM
Google say it's German -  the translation  "why such a rude answer to a good question"
not sue what there are referring to thou

kitor

Thats why I asked my question - in Polish :) (I understand German enough for his post)
For 'when' question no wonder answer was rude. For donations, it was short but not rude.
Maybe it's better to remove those posts asking for dates, instead of replying like this every time...
Too many Canon cameras.

Ant123

2 Walter Schulz and other moderators

Why don't you oblige new users to read the FAQ before they can post? And then delete dumb messages / ban them.
There is no advertising on this forum. So why do we need to see their useless posts?

Walter Schulz

First: I'm not a moderator (and have no intention to be one, better for the forum and me).

I cannot imagine a foolproof system to avoid such messages. You will always have an amount of people not reading FAQs or unable to grab the concepts of ML development or just feeling entitled (list not complete) or really, really believing they are helping. And such issues are not exclusive to newbies.

Noise by such users is bearable IMO. In "slow" forum times like this it may appear like an increase. No need for drastic measures (again: IMO).

vlasena

Also would love to see ML for EOS R. Any info on signature and decryption of these cameras?

Thanks!

71m363nd3r

Quote from: vlasena on August 05, 2019, 11:24:20 AM
Also would love to see ML for EOS R. Any info on signature and decryption of these cameras?

Thanks!

How much bucks would you donate for ML contribution for EOS R?

sast

jga

71m363nd3r

Quote from: sast on August 13, 2019, 06:31:19 AM
150 € - 200 €
Quote from: jga on August 16, 2019, 05:21:48 PM
Me too.

You can start with 50€ the link is here https://magiclantern.fm/donate.html
when you see progress you can pay another 50€
And when is finally out you can use it first, before others by donating the rest.
And now show it that you meant it for real with donating.

Travis

It would be absolutely incredible ML came to the RP. It'd be a game changer in terms of price / performance for a full frame. They seem very protective of their cinema line though.

Too bad you can't fork the firmware and charge money for it without running into issues
Current Toys:
Canon 6d : 5d2 : T4i, T3i : 16-35mm 2.8f L : 50mm 1.4f : 85mm 1.8f : 70-200mm 2.8f IS L : Cinevate Atlas 10 : Manfrotto Fluid Heads/Tripods : 4ft Jib : Steadicam Merlin : etc...
Full time producer at a video production company in Minneapolis MN: http://www.providfilms.com

kitor

R firmware 1.3: https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/cameras/digital_slr/eos-r.html?type=firmware
QuoteFirmware Version 1.3.0 incorporates the following enhancement:
1. Support for the RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM lens has been added.

RP firmware 1.2: https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/cameras/digital_slr/eos-rp.html?type=firmware
QuoteFirmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following enhancement and fix:
1. Support for the RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM lens has been added.
2. Corrects a phenomenon in which the top of some captured images may be dark during high-speed sync shooting with an external flash.

No mentions about fixes for recent vulnerabilities.
Too many Canon cameras.

Sapporo

kitor

This info was published before those firmware were even mentioned elsewhere, so I assumed it was an error.
But yes, that makes sense.
Too many Canon cameras.

Sapporo

Quote from: kitor on August 24, 2019, 11:41:15 PM
This info was published before those firmware were even mentioned elsewhere, so I assumed it was an error.
But yes, that makes sense.
CVE-2019-6001 published 6 August, firmware 1.3.0 published 7 August. 1.3.0 was already ready.

DeafEyeJedi

Just a heads up... I currently have an EOS R kit in my hands. It's a loaner. Good thing this came with an adapter to go from R to EF mount.

Let me know if there's anything I can contribute while we're at it. Will probably have access to this for a week or so.

That 4K crop is a joke but doable w Tokina 11-20mm 2.8 from what I've seen so far. Such a weird animal though.  :o
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

gtemp

Hi, I really only need one single feature from ML for the EOS R, and that's the ability to auto-restart video when it reaches the file size/time limit (30 mins, as I understand it.) Can ML currently allow this on the EOS R? My 5DMkII can do this with ML, and I'd love to upgrade but I need continuous video without having to return to the camera. Multiple files is A-OK. Any insight appreciated!

Walter Schulz

Get yourself a cam suitable for your needs.