Canon 700D/T5i not booting up

Started by ajeetk, August 29, 2018, 02:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajeetk

Hi Experts,

By mistake, I just formatted my SD card which was used to install ML in my camera. After that it is not booting up at all.

I tried removing battery, lens and connecting with computer through EOS utility. nothing is working.

My set is full dead. :-[

Can you please help me on this?

Ballinger

Quote from: ajeetk on August 29, 2018, 02:46:52 PM
Hi Experts,

By mistake, I just formatted my SD card which was used to install ML in my camera. After that it is not booting up at all.

I tried removing battery, lens and connecting with computer through EOS utility. nothing is working.

My set is full dead. :-[

Can you please help me on this?

Did you format the card in the camera itself?  Will the camera boot without the card installed?  Magic Lantern does not alter internal ROM code on the camera itself except for a bootflag option, so it's more than likely the card itself has been corrupted.  If your camera boots without the formatted card installed or with a different card altogether, this is definitely the case and you'd just need to properly reformat the card and reinstall Magic Lantern on it through the standard procedure. 

Walter Schulz

First make sure your battery is working. Preferable use another cam to verify this.

Second: Remove battery, remove card, insert battery, close all comparment doors. Working again?

If not:
Third: Use Macboot (macOS) or EOScard (Windows) to make your card bootable.
Make sure there is no autoexec.bin on your card. If there is: Delete it. Copy Portable Display Test autoexec.bin to card: https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2296.0
Remove battery, insert card (and do not close card compartment door), insert battery and close battery compartment door. As soon as you close this door there should be some activity. Report back.