EOS M graphical glitches after MAGIC LANTERN UNINSTALLED

Started by Disease, August 25, 2018, 03:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disease

Hi I have a problem because I bought a camera to run some tests and now I want to return it but after uninstalling magic lantern it still appears that some strange remnants of the graphics overlay still appears on screen sometimes. I saved the log files when I installed it as instructed. What can I do to get it back to exactly how it was from the factory?

Thanks.

Walter Schulz

May I ask how you uninstalled ML? Do you have backups of your ROM files created during first install?

Danne

What graphics? How did you uninstall? Screenshots of the issues?

Disease

I saved the log files.

I uninstalled it how you are supposed to by loading firmware then waiting.

https://youtu.be/0dd5-Ol5ohY

See the blue bars at the top and bottom of the screen when it shows the picture preview? Isn't that a glitch?

Walter Schulz

Unable to indentify the blue bars you are talking about. Can you snapshot a frame and highlight the problem area for us?

Danne

Set your cam to still photo mode. You're in movie mode. Or if that isn't helping follow Walters suggestion.

Disease

There are long lines across the image when it appears on the screen of the camera at the top and bottom they are very obviously there. Take another look.

They do not appear in stills mode.

Are they meant to be there? Or was it magic lantern that glitched out ?

Walter Schulz

There are no blue bars in your video.
Go to Canon menu and change photo aspect ratio from 16:9 to 3:2.
RTFM, esp. p108.

Disease

On the monitor of the camera not on my video, the video is being shot on my phone. Can you see what is happening in the video? It is a video of my camera made with my phone and after I take a pic the camera previews the photo and while the photo is on screen there is a line along the top and bottom.

Disease

Quote from: Disease on August 25, 2018, 08:32:38 PM
On the monitor of the camera not on my video, the video is being shot on my phone. Can you see what is happening in the video? It is a video of my camera made with my phone and after I take a pic the camera previews the photo and while the photo is on screen there is a line along the top and bottom.

what does"RTFM, esp. p108." mean?

are those lines supposed to be there???
does anyone know?

Walter Schulz

RTFM
esp.
p
In the case of the [4:3], [16:9], and [1:1] aspect ratios, the aspect-ratio lines will appear during image playback, but the lines are not actually drawn on the image.
Source: Canon EOS M manual, page 108

Disease

Wow ok thanks how the hell did you know that?
So they are meant to be?
Ok I will try what you say!

Thanks so much.