Raw ML files are red in premiere pro

Started by Aleks94, August 17, 2018, 08:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleks94

Hi everyone,

I've been importing some magic lantern footage from my Canon 5d mark iii into premiere pro. Everything was fine, videos were fine, and then at a certain point, without me having changed any video settings (at least not intentionally), all the imported files started appearing bright red! What's weirder, they do not appear red in the mlvfs safari preview. I've tried video footage from an sd card which doesn't have magic lantern and it's fine... please help!

Best wishes

PaulHarwood856

Hello Aleks94,

Which version of Premiere Pro are you using?

Is the footage from the 5D Mark III from the Experimentals builds?

You can also consider transcoding your footage using Cinelog-C and a good codec for easier editing. GoPro Cineform, Avid DNxHR, or ProRes are some good codecs. Please note: even if you transcode with Cinelog-C, you will still be able to pull back highlights. This is crucial, because it's one of the reasons why raw video is so great.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if I can help in another way.

- Paul

dfort

Quote from: Aleks94 on August 17, 2018, 08:51:54 PM
...I've tried video footage from an sd card which doesn't have magic lantern and it's fine...

Do you mean to say that when you use MLVFS, if you have raw (MLV) files on a card with ML the footage turns red but if you have raw (MLV) files on a card without ML then it is fine? Seems strange--are you using SD cards to store your MLV files?