Corrupted computerbay card

Started by nordin, August 01, 2018, 01:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nordin

Hello everyone.
I have a KomputerBay CF card 64GB 1000x,recently it started showing me 2GB of storage instead of 64GB,despite the low level formatting and other methods...
I think that the firmware has been corrupted.Is there any way to repair it?

50mm1200s

Are you formatting with a UDMA7 adapter? Had this issue once and after contacting komputerbay they said you should only format it on these UDM7 CompactFlash to USB 3.0 adapters...

Walter Schulz

Contact your dealer/Komputerbay support.

IDA_ML

They have the most horrible customer service I have ever seen.  They claim that their cards have limited lifetime warranty but they never honor it.  Once they take your money, forget about warranty!

togg

I disagree, I had a very good experience with custumer support and a friend too. She got a corrupted card after usage and got it replaced. I got a corrupted one upon buying it and a slow one, one of the first batches that were later improved. Both replaced with good communication.

Of course that doesn't mean that others couldn't had bad experience with them.

IDA_ML

This was my experience in Europe with a card that was purchased from Amazon in the US.  And I am not the only one.  They seem to provide warranty only to their US customers.  After I provided all the evidence that the card was legally purchased through an authorized dealer, they never sent me an RMA with the explanation that they do not ship outside the US.  Then they required me to indicate an address in the US and finally required me to send the defective card to them by covering all shipping expenses.  After I did that they said that they did not receive it.  This nightmare lasted for two years and guess what - I never got a replacement card.

Walter Schulz

It's the second time you came up with this.
You bought from USA being an EU citizen.
I bought from Amazon (Germany) and had no troubles getting a new card.

If you insist your experience is telling "they never honor it" you may be informed there are different opinions about this based on different experiences.
Maybe you want to tell people about possible hazards buying abroad (found frequently in buying guides) instead.

IDA_ML

If your experience as a EU citizen with them was so positive, this is good for you.  My experience, also as a EU citizen, was totally negative.  My opinion is that if a company sells their cards all over the world and claims limited lifetime warranty then they should stand behind it.  Otherwise, they should clearly state that their warranty is valid just for the US, Germany and a few more countries.  And yes, I wanted to warn members of the ML community worldwide to be very careful when buying Komputerbay cards.  They may not be so lucky as you, Walter!

Walter Schulz

You are missing the point again.