Hi, my name is khaja

Started by khaja84, July 19, 2018, 09:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khaja84

Hi

I'm from India. I'm a big fan of ML. My Most favorite feature in ML is RAW video.

I don't know why but the colors of ML RAW videos looks better to me than Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera. Though, Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera beats every Canon Camera when it comes to dynamic range.....

50mm1200s

Welcome!

Quote from: khaja84 on July 19, 2018, 09:58:37 PM
Though, Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera beats every Canon Camera when it comes to dynamic range.....

I would disagree with you. Dual-ISO reachs 14 f-stop DR. This is near or more than the most expensive cameras out there can do right now (there's lots of other issues, of course, such as aliasing). If this is right, BMPCC is only 0.5 stops better with normal iso. With the ADTG research Canon cameras could supersede that 0.5 stops (current gains on MKIII seems to be around 0.8 stops, so 0.2 better).
Also, BMPCC has a smaller sensor, compared to Full-Frame sensor of 5D's.

Besides high-end cameras from Arri, Red and Sony, I seriously think 5DMKIII is the best choice. Of course, it doesn't have PL mount and other stuff but the quality is very good.

andy kh

#khaja84 which part of india are you from? i am in delhi atm. i got a used bmpcc few years back for pretty good price but i sold it out after  few months and keep my canon 650D. for me i dont like the camera espicially the crop factor and i didnt have any good lenses
5D Mark III - 70D

khaja84

I'm from Andhra Pradesh. Yes, crop factor of 2.88x and many other drawbacks.....
I stick with Canon 600D because I want a camera that captures both photos and videos.

khaja84

Quote from: 50mm1200s on July 20, 2018, 02:41:31 AM
Welcome!

I would disagree with you. Dual-ISO reachs 14 f-stop DR. This is near or more than the most expensive cameras out there can do right now (there's lots of other issues, of course, such as aliasing). If this is right, BMPCC is only 0.5 stops better with normal iso. With the ADTG research Canon cameras could supersede that 0.5 stops (current gains on MKIII seems to be around 0.8 stops, so 0.2 better).
Also, BMPCC has a smaller sensor, compared to Full-Frame sensor of 5D's.

Besides high-end cameras from Arri, Red and Sony, I seriously think 5DMKIII is the best choice. Of course, it doesn't have PL mount and other stuff but the quality is very good.

I will try that. I have not used the Dual-ISO feature yet.