Strange overriding dialog

Started by einstein96, July 16, 2018, 01:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

einstein96

Hi!
I've been using ML for about a year on my EOS 700D and everything (apart from dual ISO but that's not the point) worked fine. Suddenly a strange dialog appeared and it overrides all the native menus. No matter if I shoot in LV or with viewfinder or I display photos, the dialog is always on the top and I cannot close it (I tried all the buttons). It disappears only when I bring ML menu, but shows up again as I leave it. I don't even understand what it means. Should I reinstall ML?

Alice Werner

tupp

Looks like a console with boot messages.

I am fairly certain that there is an ML menu setting to enable/disable this console.  I think there is such a setting in modules/debug.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Levas

In the 'Debug' tab in ML menu, there's an option 'show console'.
It's off by default, maybe you accidently switched that option to on?

It could also be that there is an error on loading ML or one of the enabled modules, an error can enable console text to be displayed, to show you that something is wrong.

einstein96

I don't have "show console" in Debug menu. I have "show tasks" but no ON/OFF. However, when I press "show tasks" and scroll down a long list, one record is highlighted red, then yellow. It's "89 menu_redraw_task: a=11.3% r=78.8%". I wonder if it could be something about this, but these things are a mystery to me.

dfort

Instead of trying to figure this out, why don't you restore the ML default settings? In the ML menu, wrench icon -> Config files -> Restore ML defaults. Another way to do this is to simply delete the settings folder on your SD card.

einstein96

Didn't even know it's possible. Thank you, this worked :D