Trap Music Video

Started by Kanakori, July 15, 2018, 04:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanakori

Hey guys, this is my second work using the 5dm3 and ML Raw.
Pretty straight forward trap/hip hop music video but I thought It'd be cool to share it here too. I'm seriously considering NOT investing on a new or more pratical setup anytime soon if I become profcient with this system.

feedback away

mothaibaphoto

Great, you did the job. Seems it takes about half year for you - pretty good.
Congrats!

50mm1200s

Well done. Everything is fine, technically speaking. Not much noise, sharpen is nice, color grading, etc.
I think, though, these kind of videos would benefit from anamorphics and strange transitions, like match cuts or the "passing by" effect.
All and all, very good.

Kanakori

@mothaibaphoto Didn't get the half a year part but thanks!!

@50mm1200s Thanks! I had to denoise some parts. I wish I could use anamorphic! I'll definitely get adapters once I can afford them.

50mm1200s

Quote from: Kanakori on July 15, 2018, 08:05:23 PM
@50mm1200s Thanks! I had to denoise some parts. I wish I could use anamorphic! I'll definitely get adapters once I can afford them.

Yeah, they add so much personality to the work, it's incredible. But, be careful on what you get. I had a Kowa 16D once, it was good, but very difficult to use and sometimes you get nasty optical issues, like vignette. I think the best you can buy today as entry-level is the Anamorphot-50, but I would suggest you do your own oval aperture filter, just to see if you adapt to the stretched bokeh aesthetics. I did mines for less than $5 using wood:

Kanakori

Nevermind about that. Guess who's just been robbed of all his gear? Yeah. Next camera I'll get is a blackmagic pocket 4k.
Loved to work with the 5d and magic lantern. Very rewarding and fun. Made things feel special. Take care of your belongings guys and have insurance.

50mm1200s

Quote from: Kanakori on July 19, 2018, 02:13:51 AM
Nevermind about that. Guess who's just been robbed of all his gear? Yeah. Next camera I'll get is a blackmagic pocket 4k.
Loved to work with the 5d and magic lantern. Very rewarding and fun. Made things feel special.

Holy shit. I'm sorry.
Be careful with BPCC. The sensor size is really small. Maybe get a metabones adapter. It is also heavier, so check your stabilization equipment (steadycams) if they can handle it.

Take care of your belongings guys and have insurance.

Yeah. If I was robbed it would be game over for me. I wouldn't have the money to buy everything again.

Kanakori

I'm exploring options to demand compensations and such, as it hapepened during a production.
Do you think the new bpcc will be heavier than a 5d m3? I can't find the weight on bhphotovideo. Other than that I don't see what else I could get. I really like to work with raw and prores 444.
My gimbal is a ronin-m, it would need to handle a relatively cheap cine-lens + camera and probably a matte box with some filters.