How does "Increase SharpContrast" behave on your camera?

Started by vtrandal, August 19, 2012, 11:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtrandal

First, Magic Lantern is great. I am grateful to everyone who has contributed to it's development. Thank you!

This post is about the "Increase SharpContrast" feature in the Prefs menu that Alex pointed to me in July. Maybe I am expecting too much from this feature in that I would like it to work a lot like Focus Peak but in x5/x10 zoom.

On page 42 of the ML User Guide "Increase SharpContrast" is listed as a feature for customizing Canon's x5/x10 zoom in LiveView i.e. sharpness and contrast are maximized when zoom is active. The User Guide also says increased sharpness works somewhat like focus peaking.

So then the User Guide says it "works somewhat like focus peaking" but not exactly like it. Then what should I see? I don't think I see anything. If anyone could try it on their camera and give a reply I would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you!

Francis

I also do not see a difference. It definitely is not as strong of an effect as turning up the Liveview contrast.

vtrandal

Thanks for the reply Francis. It raises a question though. How do you turn up the contrast in LiveView?

Francis

vtrandal

Quote from: Francis on August 20, 2012, 04:59:25 AM
It is under the Display menu, LV Contrast.

Thanks Francis. Next time I get my hands on a T3i I will be sure to try that.

vtrandal

Quote from: vtrandal on August 20, 2012, 10:34:10 AM
Thanks Francis. Next time I get my hands on a T3i I will be sure to try that.

Any additional replies should be made to this thread:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2197.0