Bit confused by a (resolved?) error

Started by Vectra, July 13, 2018, 12:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vectra

Hi There,

I'm using an EOS500D to record some video as part of a multi-cam setup, and lately i've been getting pretty much this exact error thats posted here:

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issues/1468/500d-unable-to-record-with-audio-and

I've read through the thread a few times and even come across the other similar issues that get marked as duplicates, but i'm still not quite sure how to get around this error. I feel like the one option is possibly to just disable the audio, but it would make life really difficult for me as i somewhat need the onboard audio to help with syncing, is there somehow another way to work around this error besides disabling the audio? Any help would be super appreciated.

Thanks

a1ex

That's bug that can be reproduced by simply drawing "too fast" on the screen (e.g. by drawing random pixels in a loop without any other ML code running on the camera). Figure out why...

Vectra

Hmm, i'm not sure I entirely understand about the drawing part, but i've tried uninstalling ML before and the camera doesn't ever crash even with identical settings, is it not possible theres some other feature enabled by default perhaps that might be causing the problem asides from the canon bug itself?