error "20" filming timelapse on 550D.. intervalometer bug?

Started by suokkiss, August 21, 2012, 12:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suokkiss

Could not find any similar posts according to this problem.

So The problem is that my 550D crashes during timelapse using ML's intervalometer, giving error code "20" and saying "please reboot your camera or unmount the battery. Any help ? Canon firmware 1.0.9 and ML v2.3

I have tried it with a new battery and different memorycard. First two timelapses worked out fine, but then it started crahsing and its totally random. Sometimes shoots 300frames no problem, then crash. Sometimes shoots 5 frames, then crash.

Usually shooting with intervals 3,4 or 5 sec and 400,500 or 600 shots..

Anyone knows what Im doing wrong?

a1ex

See the FAQ - you need to change your shutter mechanism at Canon service.

g3gg0

here: http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq

What about ERR20 when taking pictures?

This problem is not related to (or caused by) Magic Lantern.
You will get this error when your shutter mechanism no longer works properly. Contact your Canon service center.
Consider entering your shutter count in the Camera Shutter Life Database.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

suokkiss

Okay, thats really helpful! But the shutter count is only 15032 + 1100 (+ xxxx  liveview shots) and to me it doesn't sound that much :/

But anyway thank you very much!

EDIT: aaah shutter database tells it all --> 10,399 ... 18,163 shutter count has aprox 3 dead clicks in 59 shot.. that explains it.. woaah.. my 7d is still going 100% and its getting close to 100k . If I could only get ML to 7D :/

g3gg0

> If I could only get ML to 7D :/

we are still trying.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!