Raw video post processing help!

Started by jonnybreeze2003, June 11, 2018, 12:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnybreeze2003

Hello,

I am just wondering how to turn the Magic Lantern files into a film sequence. The small problem is that I don't have adobe after effects or premier pro and all youtube tutorials use these programs. The software I do have is Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop. Ideally I don't want to spend any money on buying new Mac OS software (I have a MacBook Pro).

Many thanks,
Jonny

TKez

Quote from: jonnybreeze2003 on June 11, 2018, 12:12:45 PM
Hello,

I am just wondering how to turn the Magic Lantern files into a film sequence. The small problem is that I don't have adobe after effects or premier pro and all youtube tutorials use these programs. The software I do have is Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop. Ideally I don't want to spend any money on buying new Mac OS software (I have a MacBook Pro).

Many thanks,
Jonny

This should go in the Post Processing sub thread but....

Install MLVFS / MacFuse https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13152.0
Search for DaVinci Resolve on the App Store and install it (it's Free)
Edit direct in Resolve if you like it, or get it to spit out Prores files and use them in Final Cut.

masc

Have you searched for a solution? There are sooo many solutions in this forum. A few:
- Convert MLV with MLVProducer to a format you like
- Convert MLV to CDNG with MLVFS and use Resolve or Lightroom or...
- Convert MLV to CDNG with mlv_dump and use Resolve or Lightroom or...
- Convert MLV with Switch to format you like
- Convert MLV with MLVApp to format you like
- and many more...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202