Re: 5d mkII problems with v2.3

Started by Towncat, August 21, 2012, 01:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towncat

I'm having the exact same problem - started happening when I was first trying to install the upgrade on my 5DmkII today... Didn't have the right version of Canon firmware and removed the card after install failed. Camera wouldn't start up from ML card after that (Xmas version), nothing would happen until i removed both card and battery, then it would boot into Canon firmware fine.

However, i can't use the older version of ML on my second card either, tells me FONTS.DAT is missing from new version when it's clearly there and camera crashes EOS utility as well...
a
Anything we can do to sort this out? Any help would be highly appreciated! Have been loving the Xmas version and was so looking forward to this stable release - can't believe I f***ed it up like this...

Thanks guys!

Towncat

nevermind - was being stupid.
didnt' copy everything out of the downloaded folder, only the 5D firmware, autoexec.bin and ML folder - thought that was enough... was wrong.
everything works great now - what a beautiful piece of work guys! highly appreciated! was happy to donate for xmas version, but this is a really marvellous piece of engineering. well done! *applause* thanks so much