German shot-on-5d3 feature film coming to movie theaters.

Started by johannsebastianbach, June 21, 2018, 02:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johannsebastianbach

Just found this gem of LOPTA FILM

And some making of

I have read that the 16 TB ML footage was mixed with some red (only the night-bar scenes) and dji but it looks awesomely good ☺️

Melvin Jose

Just watched the behind the scenes. So cool. Love how they talk about ML RAW

Kharak

The 5D ML 3, with it you have no excuse for not making great pictures and films.

A weather sealed cinema camera, the only one of its kind.
once you go raw you never go back

g3gg0

wow cool. love the feedback :)
would be interested what workflow they used and what could have been improved.
sometimes there are some low hanging fruits that are very helpful.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

johannsebastianbach

Ok, this actually goes to the cinema screens german-wide  :D

They had a sneak peak which apparently had a good resonance and starting with a premiere in Berlin on 18.8.18 it will surely be shown everywhere afterwards.

https://de.demand.film/schneeflockchen/

Definitely going to watch it  :)

50mm1200s

So they are using PL mount lenses? Seems to be Zeiss Super Primes. That's very nice.

Tyronetheterrible

Quote from: 50mm1200s on August 02, 2018, 05:07:02 PM
So they are using PL mount lenses? Seems to be Zeiss Super Primes. That's very nice.

May be slightly off-topic, but does anyone know where one would get an EF-to-PL adapter for use of Zeiss Primes with a 5D? I've seen some adapters online, but none that would support Zeiss Primes.

50mm1200s

Quote from: Tyronetheterrible on August 04, 2018, 06:52:07 PM
May be slightly off-topic, but does anyone know where one would get an EF-to-PL adapter for use of Zeiss Primes with a 5D? I've seen some adapters online, but none that would support Zeiss Primes.

IIRC, you have to modify the camera, because the space between the PL lens and sensor is less than the EF mount. There's some companies that does this adaptation, last time I checked.

Tyronetheterrible

Upon further inspection on their BTS video, it would appear they are using Zeiss Compact Primes, which are EF mount compatible. This film looks amazing.

Francis Frenkel

Thank you for sharing that videos !

It could be interesting to know how they manage the CF transferts, what kind of workflow for data management, and editing / grading.

Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com