MLVFS not working after a couple months

Started by papasapien, June 14, 2018, 05:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papasapien

MLVFS not working after a couple months of inactivity. it was working fine just a couple months ago. then i stopped recording videos and havent run it since. but now i recently started up again and for some reason it doesnt work now. i enter in the correct commands in command prompt but it just bring me back to the start
example:
C:\Windows>cd..

C:\>cd MLVFS

C:\MLVFS>mlvfs.exe Z:/ --mlv-dir=C:\Users\mesem\Videos\pop

C:\MLVFS>

and thats how it always goes occasionally a second command prompt window will appear but only for a second and then it just closes.
is there some kind of log somewhere where i can figure out exactly why it is failing?
(using windows 10)

bouncyball

Try:

C:\MLVFS>mlvfs.exe -f Z:/ --mlv-dir=C:\Users\mesem\Videos\pop

It will run MLVFS in the foreground from the console. Watch console output, there should be some debug messages.

papasapien

okay so i did that and the error came out that the software was incompatible with my system because it it was outdated and then said access denied. (sorry i dont remember the exact message) then i downloaded the X64 version of mlvfs and installed a new dokan( 1.1.0,2000x64 ) . and it does the same thing as before where it just goes right back to the beginning (like my first message described) and does not provide a debug message even when i included the -f .

(i even reset my pc and it did the same thing after i reset it. reset like factory reset but kept the files)

IDA_ML

I have the same problem with Win 10x64.  It refuses to execute the batch sequence and stops as described above.  Every time I wiant to start MLVFS, I have to type the lines of the batch file manually hitting ENTER after each line.  Then it works.  Seems to be a Windows problem.   On my Win 7x64 computer at work it works normally.  Very frustrating!

clanlee

I experienced the same issue but then used the mlvfs.exe located here: https://bitbucket.org/bouncyball/mlv-tools/downloads/

Along with the latest Dokan, I have no problem opening raw video files.  Do not use the x64 exe.

papasapien

Quote from: IDA_ML on June 16, 2018, 06:26:27 AM
I have the same problem with Win 10x64.  It refuses to execute the batch sequence and stops as described above.  Every time I wiant to start MLVFS, I have to type the lines of the batch file manually hitting ENTER after each line.  Then it works.  Seems to be a Windows problem.   On my Win 7x64 computer at work it works normally.  Very frustrating!

what do you mean it works if you type the lines manually? can you give me an example please nothing is working

papasapien

Quote from: clanlee on June 16, 2018, 09:45:12 AM
I experienced the same issue but then used the mlvfs.exe located here: https://bitbucket.org/bouncyball/mlv-tools/downloads/

Along with the latest Dokan, I have no problem opening raw video files.  Do not use the x64 exe.

i am using dokan 1.0.3.1000 is that the one you are using? i used the dokan you linked but still it doesnt work. can tyou show me a screen shot of whats in your folder? i am still not sure whats going on please.

papasapien

i just used the wrong slash sign......
Z:\ instead of Z:/