Converting RAW files of Flash card?

Started by Xuukihead, June 04, 2018, 12:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuukihead

Hi

I'm struggling to find an up to date tutorial that helps me successfully view the RAW files I've filmed on the 5d Mark ii? May I have some assistance here?

I don't have adobe premire or after affects. I only have blender is it still possible to see my footage?

Many thanks

Xuukihead

Hi,

When I export my RAW footage I get a file that is the same length as the film I preview in MLRAWViewer however, its just black (with occasionally clitchy looking green bars).  How can I get around this thanks!

Walter Schulz

Try another converter. MLrawviewer hasn't been updated for years.

Xuukihead

I've tried a few and not had much luck. I've tried  RAWlite which fails to convert and most recently tried MLVFS, which doesn't to find recognise a group of RAW files in a folder as it looks like this?

Walter Schulz

You have some talent selecting outdated workflows ...

Try using MLV App, MLVProducer.

allemyr

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 15, 2018, 09:24:20 PM
You have some talent selecting outdated workflows ...

Try using MLV App, MLVProducer.

8)

Melvin Jose

Xuukihead

Thanks, I've Downloaded MLV App because I'm using OSX. The program only seems to import MLV files when the footage I have are RAW files. Is there a way around this or a tutorial online that can walk me through a workflow?

dfort

Quote from: Xuukihead on June 25, 2018, 10:39:53 AM
...the footage I have are RAW files. Is there a way around this or a tutorial online that can walk me through a workflow?

Wow, those must be old files or you used an old build. I'm aware of any tutorial but there are a few things you can do.

Get raw2dng. Either compile it yourself or find someone who will build it for you. The version posted on the utilities download page is only for Windows.

Try Danne's Switch app. It also uses raw2dng but is easier to use if you are not familiar with command line programs. (Note that an OSX version of raw2dng is embedded in the app so that's a way to get the command line version.)

Not sure if blender handles DNG files but there are plenty of apps can convert from DNG to other formats.

I was going to suggest converting RAW to MLV but it looks like mlv_dump will convert from MLV to RAW but not the other way around. Not sure if there's an easy way to go from RAW to MLV.

Danne

Put them in Switch and you'll get a question whether to turn raw into mlv or simply extract dng files from format raw. Bouncyball's work this one.