Wireless Movie Remote

Started by brenthg, August 20, 2012, 11:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenthg

I have been searching for a simple remote control that triggers the Canon 60D in Movie Mode.  There are so many DIY projects and a line-of-sight IR Remote, but none of them are simple to use, until I found Magic Lantern.

I have an inexpensive wireless shutter remote that allows me to use the half press of the shutter button on the remote.  Now with Magic Lantern's remapping option of the Movie Trigger with the 1/2 press of the Shutter Button, my wireless remote now trigger's video on and off.

Thanks Magic Lantern.

Bren tHeadberg
West Palm Beach, FL

kihlbahkt

This is one of my favorite settings. No need to touch camera after focus and exp setup. Im an using the canon remote RS-60E3(wired) on a 600D. This is a setting that should be enabled only when you need it though. I have a bunch of short recordings accidentally triggered when handling or moving the camera or grabbing the remote itself. Or forgot I set it up on last use and then notice I am recording a movie when I tried to do a auto-focus via half press. Careful.
600D x2

IndyP

Hi,
I went through all of this eighteen months ago but was unable to find a good solution and gave up. It never occurred to me that I could use ML for this purpose. Can anyone give me a few links to some affordable wireless RF remotes that would work with ML to remotely control movie mode?

DFM

The Yongnuo RF600/RF602 flash trigger comes with a 3.5mm shutter release cable that allows you to send full and half presses to a Rebel series camera.

Just tried them with the ML remap to half-press and it works perfectly.

rikitik22

DFM, I just got my YongNuo RF-602 and bought a mini phone jack adapter for the cable that came with it. Do you have a mini tutorial or instructions how to use it on my Canon DSLR? I got the Canon T3i.

Thanks,
rikitik22