Music Video with 10yrs old camera and 30yrs old lens (Mark II raw)

Started by Juryx, May 25, 2018, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juryx

Shot on:
Canon Eos 5d Mark II
Nikkor 50mm f1.8

- some old 64gb CF card which gave me roughly 40sec of continuous shooting [1856x1004]
- upscaled to 1920 x 1080 exported as 4k for youtoube due higher bit rate limitation of ytb (not sure if it helps with quality)
- color corrected in photoshop and graded in lumetri premiere pro
- and in the end, I went for fake anamorphic look with some tweaks in post and good old oval aperture ring and fishing line (not used well, therefore lots of unwanted light flares)

Juryx

This is how the camera setup actually looked like:

Since I was travelling I did not have any of my gear so I had to make it work with equipment I had at my disposal.

ilia3101

The night scenes looked fantastic, really clean, I think you could have pushed the exposure even more. Really sad my 5D2 is broken :(. I think adding some grain would make this video look even better (16mm maybe).

Juryx

It took some time learning and there are some limitation while working, but if you just learn how to work with it you have pretty good looking image from under 500$ setup.
Its amazing what ML made possible for us

Melvin Jose

Juryx

@Melvin Jose
No I did not, I have used the homemade filter put on in front of a lens which makes those flares. But I found it is better to put it at the end of a lens (its harder though) so than when light hit this filter (fishing line) from side it wont cast nasty flares and those streaks are always focused which looks better.