EOSM RIGHT/LEFT Keys

Started by garry23, May 23, 2018, 11:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

Have just noticed a strangeness on my EOSMs.

I've been looking at keys, ie the number returned.

UP, DOWN and LEFT return the expected number.

RIGHT does not return a key value to Lua.

On the EOSM the right key is used to toggle between exposure and aperture. I wonder if this Canon 'control' overrides the Lua side and thus the right key is not accessible in Lua?

Can anyone, eg @a1ex, throw some light on this strangeness?

a1ex

Quite possible. If in doubt, Debug -> Show GUI events will show what's going on.

Are you able to disable this setting somehow from Canon menu?

garry23

@a1ex

Had a look at 'disabling' the setting but no luck.

Had a look at things via GUI events and I attach the screen dump; after I switched off all my scripts.

The last two lines are associated with the right button on the EOSM.

As you can see, the JOY_Centre button, which I pushed previously, seems to be picked up, ie 11. But I don't know what all the numbers mean.

a1ex

You can look up these numbers in EOSM.202/gui.h.

Joystick center is not 0x11 btw. 0x50/51 is half-shutter press/unpress. 0x27 is the "unpress right" event. 0x69 = 105 = GMT_OLC_INFO_CHANGED (changing exposure info). I'm afraid this behavior of buttons is not under ML control; we can only interpret whatever the MPU sends us. The same is true for other buttons with special functions (for example, if you remap the SET button to change ISO in Canon menu, on other models).

Outside LiveView, you'll get the expected button codes. That's why ML menu sits on top of some Canon menu - to get correct button codes.

garry23

@a1ex

Thanks for the insight.

I'll work around things ;-)

Cheers

Garry