[INVALID] Many Dead Pixels in new 5D3 (Bridge vs CameraRAW)

Started by adrjork, June 08, 2018, 04:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrjork

Hi everyone,
I've just bought a brand new 5D3, and the first thing I did was a sensor check (to verify dead pixels). I used Film Nurture method.
In my 4-shots test (HERE) I can see 20 or 30 dead pixels yet at ISO 100, and many more at ISO 800. Anyway, I can see all these dead pixels ONLY in Bridge, while they disappear in ACR. I tried to explain this difference remembering that ACR should have a sort of dead pixels fixer (even if I didn't suppose it was automatic).
So probably Bridge shows the "truth".

At this point I can choose: "mapping" the sensor's dead pixels with the in-camera manual sensor cleaning method (so keeping the camera with its patchy sensor), or returning the camera to Amazon asking for a replacement.

Before taking a decision, I'd like to know your opinions. Is it normal that a brand new camera has that amount of dead pixels? (Moreover, ACR is not in my workflow, so I can't eventually take advantage of its "corrections".)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kharak

I think it sounds like an awful amount of dead pixels for a brand new 5d3.

once you go raw you never go back

togg

Sadly my almost new 5d3 also showed up with 5-10 hot pixels visible at like 1600. Yours is more extreme so maybe ask for a replacement but I'm not sure you will ever get a perfect one.