AWESOMES underwater // 5DIV + 6D

Started by jackmoro, May 19, 2018, 08:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackmoro

Take a dive. Mostly filmed with 5DIV, very few shots 6D MLRAW

Lens: Canon 24-105, 50, 35, 10-18

Thanks for watching // Alex

dfort

Amazing video. Used to seeing your hyperlapse cityscapes so this is something different. Have to ask--did you do shoot through a tank or actually get in the water?

You're shooting with full frame cameras and listed the Canon 10-18mm lens. How did you get that EF-S lens to mount on those bodies?

Finally, the 6D recently got lossless compression, reduced bit depth and the crop_rec module. Did you use any of this in your video?

nikki

i've seen the same exact thing before (but different camera)

ArcziPL

Quote from: dfort on May 20, 2018, 04:52:15 PM
You're shooting with full frame cameras and listed the Canon 10-18mm lens. How did you get that EF-S lens to mount on those bodies?
EF-S 10-18 IS STM is commonly modified by cutting its back, in order to fit onto EF-mount and being used with m4/3+speed booster or even full-frame Canon cameras. It has drawbacks: strong vignetting at wide end and risk of damaging the mirror at 10mm position. But you gain stabilized ultra-ultra wide angle at extremely low price.

Here's an example:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1388461&page=1
M50.110 [main cam] | G7X III [pocket cam] | 70D.112 [gathers dust] | M.202 [gathers dust] | waiting for M5II

KelvinK

Super colours, great content. How did you stabilize those shots?
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

jackmoro

Quote from: dfort on May 20, 2018, 04:52:15 PM
Amazing video. Used to seeing your hyperlapse cityscapes so this is something different. Have to ask--did you do shoot through a tank or actually get in the water?

Finally, the 6D recently got lossless compression, reduced bit depth and the crop_rec module. Did you use any of this in your video?

It was shot through a tank. I'm using modified 10-18 and it fits well FF. Just don't turn camera off when lens is at 10mm or mirror will lock up - nothing serious, just annoying when camera mounted on gimbal, you need to remove battery to fix it.

I tried some recent crop_rec, but it didn't run succeful on my camera. I stick to older build with 10/12/14 bits.

jackmoro

Quote from: KelvinK on July 31, 2018, 09:25:19 AM
Super colours, great content. How did you stabilize those shots?

Thanks. Handheld.