[INVALID] 700D central panel damaged from "Magic Lantern". Is it possible ????

Started by gbenyov, May 19, 2018, 05:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbenyov

Dear "Magic Lantern" friends!

I have a a Canon EOS 700D camera.
I bought this in 2015.
And I loaded "Magic Lantern" with the right version of the 700D.
However, in 2017, the machine was defective. According to the Canon service in Budapest, the central panel was broken. They spoke of Magic Lantern, which destroyed the camera. Diagnosis: overspeed of hardware. For me the repair costs were high: up to $ 200!
Please answer me, is it possible?
Now the machine works flawlessly, and I do not know if I can load the Magic Lantern on the 700d camera.
What should I do?
You send me an answer: [email protected]

Gabor

Walter Schulz

Quote from: gbenyov on May 19, 2018, 05:46:22 PM
According to the Canon service in Budapest, the central panel was broken. They spoke of Magic Lantern, which destroyed the camera. Diagnosis: overspeed of hardware. For me the repair costs were high: up to $ 200!
Please answer me, is it possible?

No, nightly build ML (at the day of writing) does not "overspeed" or "overheat" or burn sensors or other electronic devices. Such claims have no merit. ML does not disable cam's internal overheating protection.

"Central panel" = Main board/PCB?

axelcine

Don't rely on Canon service in Budapest. Obviously they don't know how ML works. I have had ML running on my 700D since 2014 without any problems. Today I use my 5dIII's a little more than the 700, but I could never get the jobs done without ML.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass