RSU Presentation - Shot mainly on 5DMarklll with Alexa,Red,GH5,A7Sll

Started by wangtrirat, May 16, 2018, 04:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wangtrirat

This Presentation shot mainly on 5D mark lll RAW cut with other camera like RED Helium and ARRI Alexa even GH5.
Project was done in 1080p with Davinci Resolve on ACEScc Color management system.

Such Large Sensor of 5D enabling wider FOV with Cinema lenses which I choose Canon Cinema Prime over CP.2

Only problems with 5D Mark lll RAW was the 50p shot which done in 3x3 binning mode give unusable liveview DP have to guess from HacKED preview before shooting.

Workflow

Shot > MLVFS > Davinci Resolve > Export Prores422 Proxy

Edit (Premiere) > XML > Davinci Resolve (MLVFS mounted) > Conform > Media Management (Copy used shot with handle) > Color Grading > Compositing with CGI > Export

Enjoy the video!!!!

DP, Colorist, Technician
Canon 5D Mark III
Sony A7s, Sony FS7

Lars Steenhoff

Thanks for sharing!
very nice to see all cameras be nice to each other :)

for preview binned, try using an external motitor, you may get a better view

wangtrirat

Quote from: Lars Steenhoff on May 16, 2018, 06:00:39 PM
Thanks for sharing!
very nice to see all cameras be nice to each other :)

for preview binned, try using an external motitor, you may get a better view

Thanks, i definitely have to try your suggestion next time.
DP, Colorist, Technician
Canon 5D Mark III
Sony A7s, Sony FS7

50mm1200s

Very nice work. Alexa has these amazing colors, as always, the sensibility on high frequencies (violet/blue) is just fantastic, but 5D3 is not too far from it (at least on my display).

edit: Indeed, the crop mode is too much for professional works. I couldn't use it, at least...

IDA_ML

Quote from: 50mm1200s on May 17, 2018, 05:50:26 AM
edit: Indeed, the crop mode is too much for professional works. I couldn't use it, at least...

Why not?  You mean the 5D3, right? What was the problem?  Was it the limited recording time at high resolutions or something else?

=================

Great work, Wangtrirat, I enjoyed it!

wangtrirat

Quote from: IDA_ML on May 17, 2018, 08:56:37 AM
Why not?  You mean the 5D3, right? What was the problem?  Was it the limited recording time at high resolutions or something else?

=================

Great work, Wangtrirat, I enjoyed it!

Thanks, i agreed with 50mm1200s. Liveview is unusable even with normal 50p raw with no 3x3 binning that give proper display won't satisfy on set. Focus puller always complain on sharpness which it output just very bad 720p with heavily aliasing. If 50p required mainly with such set with professionals this won't be camera of choice here.

Anyway, I colorgrade this myself. The 5d raw and alexa footage are insanely close. Alexa has more latitude but mannnn!! Color density is really really close.
DP, Colorist, Technician
Canon 5D Mark III
Sony A7s, Sony FS7

goldenchild9to5

@wangtrirat Great Job.. awesome footage.  How close on a percentage scale would your rate the 5D Mark III RAW vs The Arri Alexa?

wangtrirat

Quote from: goldenchild9to5 on May 17, 2018, 07:33:39 PM
@wangtrirat Great Job.. awesome footage.  How close on a percentage scale would your rate the 5D Mark III RAW vs The Arri Alexa?

I would say about 90% overall to Alexa. When finish at 2K or FullHD.
DP, Colorist, Technician
Canon 5D Mark III
Sony A7s, Sony FS7

goldenchild9to5

@wangtrirat Awesome.. looking forward to more 5D RAW videos from you.

goldenchild9to5

@wangtrirat Ooh one more thing would it be possible to share a couple of your Alexa footage with me, just wanna give it a test drive & test vs the 5D RAW.  Let me know I would greatly appreciate it.