remove magic lantern leaves a slow starting canon 5dII

Started by BasieP, May 19, 2018, 05:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasieP

Hi there,

I enjoyed magic lantern a lot, but for our wedding we need someone else to make photo's. Therefor i want the remove magic lantern.
Now i flashed the normal 2.1.2 rom from cannon. But now the camera takes about 1-2 seconds to start when it comes out of sleep mode...

After reading forums i figured out the bootflag must be the problem

the faq (https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq) says this:
QuoteTo remove the bootflag, run Firmware Update from a ML card and follow the instructions.

but first: what is a ML card? the normal SD card that has the ML files on it?
second. i don't have a menuitem 'firmware update' and the thing that comes closest just reinstalles the same ML firmware (again)..

are we missing some steps in the faq?
So i searched again and found this install guide.
https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install

is has a whole section dedicated to uninstalling. That must be complete and clear...
Uninstalling ML from one card
    Format that card from the camera (select this option: Format card, remove Magic Lantern) and reboot. Your camera will load the original firmware when you use that card.

Uninstalling ML from the camera
    With a Magic Lantern card, launch the Firmware Update process and follow the instructions on-screen.
    Re-installing Canon firmware will not remove Magic Lantern.
Wauw... very complete..

The first one 'Uninstalling ML from one card' i don't get... 'one card'? most people only have 1 card right?
I happen to have 2.. but still.. how is an empty card gonne help me...

so i skipped to the second method. 'Uninstalling ML from the camera'.
That's about what i'm trying to do...

'With a Magic Lantern card, launch the Firmware Update process and follow the instructions on-screen'
oke.. again that ML card... no clue...

now i'm still here. i tried installing magic lantern, and then the canon 2.1.2. firmware. but still i got a slow starting camera.
I tried formatting the card.. didn't work either.

Has any of you a clue how to remove that f** boot flag?

I would really appreciate the help..

Kind regards,
Bas