Effect Lighting : 6D Compressed RAW test (1808x628) 14bit

Started by wangtrirat, April 06, 2018, 12:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wangtrirat

I just have chance to use 6D which also lately shoot compressed RAW format that save space and expand the resolution for 6D. Unfortunately it can do just 3x3binning 2.88:1 1824x628 50/60fps for slow-mo shot, magically it has good framing at the back of the camera.

The clip here is shot to test the lighting effect on my DIY LED panel which triggered by smartphone app. So I want to have paparazzi effect lighting and decided to shot on 6D that lay around for test. It did work like charm for me on capturing Full-Frame near 1080p quality, quite impressive. Virtually no moire' occurred for me. What a B-Cam beside 5D Mark lll for now.

Take a look!!!!

DP, Colorist, Technician
Canon 5D Mark III
Sony A7s, Sony FS7

Tyronetheterrible

Great stuff!

I have a 6D myself but have yet to try the new crop_rec module for it. Are you getting continuous shooting at 1824x628 50/60fps?

Also, I am trying to achieve a similar look for a video I am going to be shooting. How far approximately was the LED panel from the subject?

wangtrirat

Quote from: Tyronetheterrible on April 07, 2018, 04:14:52 PM
Great stuff!

I have a 6D myself but have yet to try the new crop_rec module for it. Are you getting continuous shooting at 1824x628 50/60fps?

Also, I am trying to achieve a similar look for a video I am going to be shooting. How far approximately was the LED panel from the subject?

I got about 20-35secs for one push. if I want to shot longer I will reduced the resolution. the LED are 4x4kino sized and Diva sized at about 1.5m. Some get closer because they dance lean to the front.
DP, Colorist, Technician
Canon 5D Mark III
Sony A7s, Sony FS7

Tyronetheterrible

Nice! Also, how much did you have to stretch the footage in post? I've tried increasing height by 1.66 as I usually would, but it stretches too far vertically.

wangtrirat

Quote from: Tyronetheterrible on April 22, 2018, 04:38:59 AM
Nice! Also, how much did you have to stretch the footage in post? I've tried increasing height by 1.66 as I usually would, but it stretches too far vertically.

With 3x3 pixel binning i don't have to stretch it. What you see is what camera recorded.
DP, Colorist, Technician
Canon 5D Mark III
Sony A7s, Sony FS7

Levas

@Tyronetheterrible
For the above function, see crop rec 4k build for the 6d on the downloadpage under 'experiments'
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/job/crop_rec_4k/72/artifact/platform/6D.116/magiclantern-crop_rec_4k.2018Mar10.6D116.zip
Be also sure to use MLV_lite and NOT MLV_rec module.
MLV_lite has the lossless raw recording option, handy for 50/60fps  ;D

For 50/60fps function, enable crop_rec module and set camera to 1280/50/60fps mode in Canon menu.
Now in ML menu turn 'crop mode' option to 'ON'
Voila, 50/60 fps without squeezed image  :D