Why no 4k affordable camera ?

Started by adou1269, April 26, 2018, 01:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adou1269

Hello,

I've been using ML since 2012. I love it. its insane ! shooting raw 14bit with my 5d iii was a game changer. I keep shooting all my project with ML until last year.
I now switch to fs7 to shoot 4k and especialy for the slow motion capability.

Its been 1 year now i'm using the fs7 and except the high speed and 4k i'm a bit disapointed.. the overall set up for the fs7 mark ii cost me around 17 000 box !!! (body, metabone, xdca, battery, shogun inferno, disk etc.)   

And while its nice to be able to crop or stabilize the 4k footage, i'm realy missing the 14 bit raw ! and the low noise !! fs7 its crazy noisy in low light compare to the 5diii.

So my point now:

5d mark iii was release in 2012. VERY OLD for this day fast tech evolution.  and to be honest i'm pissoff to see that we can't find any camera to shoot full frame 4k raw this day.. Stop the bullshit about price etc.. it should be possible !

I have no knowledge in camera developpement but correct me if i'm wrong; 5d mark iii can't record 4k raw (60p) just because of the writing speed right ? the sensor is clearly capable of doing that !  Why not using the same sensor but with better hardware around it. I don't need this crazy 6k etc... i just want 4k 60p 14 bit raw...

So basicaly now the only "affordable" option to shoot 4k raw is kinefinity. but its a tiny sensor.... the new BMC is also a MFT sensor... come on we are in 2018 ! 

Just point me in a direction to start learning and developping something around the 5d sensor...