Resolve 14: How do I sync my .DNG sequence + .WAV file to an HQ audio source?

Started by gkmedia, April 19, 2018, 06:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gkmedia

Hey all,

I have sort of stumped myself on this one so I figured someone here may be able to help. I shot a video using MLV_REC, which I then converted to DNG sequences with their corresponding .wav files which came out at the same length - so all is good at this point. My intent was to sync this low quality wav from the raw clip to a higher quality recorder based on waveform. The issue is the clip and its audio are 2 separate pieces, and audio sync feature is grayed out when I trying to match a .wav to a .wav, so apparently it expects one of the inputs to be a whole clip and not another wav?

Anyone have any alternate approaches to this? I hate the thought of having to do nudge it manually into sync by hand

masc

What tool did you use to convert? Mlvfs, Switch and MLV App should do it in a way Resolve can autolink video+audio.
Edit: I did not read right the first time... audio+audio link is not given in this way... right... sry.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

gkmedia

Thanks for your reply. I used Raw2CDNG to convert.

I have since found a way to do this, which I already knew but was hoping to avoid due to how clunky and frustrating it is.

Here is how I was able to get it to work:

1) Line up the DNGs with their WAVs.
2) Export out as a video clip & re-import.
3) Sync the audio from the new clip to the high quality WAV source based on waveform
4) Drop the clip with the high quality source on the timeline, unlink & delete the video track from it
5) Move the high quality audio source beneath the original DNG clip

Still hoping someone knows of a solution that won't add a few hours to this project. Luckily it is a short video :/

Kharak

Try Batch_MLV, its optimized for Resolve so the clips are in the right order aswell. The clips contain the Audio file within, should work with syncing.

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=10526.msg193871#msg193871 - The link Danne posted on Page 6.

once you go raw you never go back

allemyr

Sound strange that they doesn't link automatically the dng sequence and audio file in Resolve.

What version of raw2cdng do you use?

I always use Resolve 14 Studio and raw2cdng and it always sync automatically.