Understanding camera.wait

Started by garry23, April 08, 2018, 11:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

@a1ex

Now you have added in the camera.wait, can you give a little more info regarding its value.

I see you say that camera.shoot also waits until you can take an image, so where would you inject camera.wait.

Is there a situation that you are aware of that requires (sic) camera.wait?

Cheers

Gsrry

garry23

@a1ex

I'm constructing a new script and need to wait until the advanced bracketing has completed, before undertaking other stuff in the script.

I thought camera.wait() would help me, but it doesn'r appear to.

Do you know a way to pause a script until the advanced bracketing has completed?

Cheers

Garry

a1ex

IIRC initially it was meant for focus stacking, or other cases where camera.shoot() would return too early. Understanding how photo capture works is still not perfect. It worked for advanced bracketing in my quick test, but it's probably not robust enough, since it didn't work for you. In particular, I can imagine it failing if there are large delays between the bracketed images (larger than the time required to save one image).

As both bracketing and Lua photo capture are done in the shoot_task, I'd expect both to work, but they may require some tuning. Will try to get exclusive access to the shoot_task - when that happens, advanced bracketing must have been completed.