ML belongs in the photo/cine Hall of Fame

Started by axelcine, March 27, 2018, 03:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axelcine

What an excellent tool ML is! I find it extremely telling and important, that the latest nightly for the majority of cam brands now has been around for something like 8 weeks. The software is sleek, has a very modets footprint in-cam, and yet provides us with an insane amount of possibilities - and the amount of combinations is staggering. At some point I'd like to know exactly how many copies of each nightly for every camera people have downloaded. I am sure, the numbers will tell a tale of a resounding succes and an extremely important addition to the craft of photography and film making. Along with the brilliant inventors of Leicas, Nikons, Canons, Contax'es, Rolleis et cetera, you fine programmers and engineers really belong in the Photography/Cinematography Hall of Fame. Thank you so much for ML. And a happy Easter...
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

Walter Schulz

https://builds.magiclantern.fm/ -> Choose a cam -> Useful links -> Download stats

And take it easy on whatever you are consuming in that pipe ... <g>

axelcine

O, Walter, I'm not smoking anything funny - and I'll have to agree with you, that the number of downloads may not represent the number of users - I myself update my ML every time there is an update. But of course a guesstimate about the number of actual users might be interesting. And I really just want to express my appreciation for the deveolpers - and you. Your dry wit is what I need every once in a while.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

g3gg0

Quote from: axelcine on March 27, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd I really just want to express my appreciation for the deveolpers - and you.
thanks for these words :)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

extremelypoorfilmaker

Quote from: axelcine on March 27, 2018, 03:12:43 PM
What an excellent tool ML is! I find it extremely telling and important, that the latest nightly for the majority of cam brands now has been around for something like 8 weeks. The software is sleek, has a very modets footprint in-cam, and yet provides us with an insane amount of possibilities - and the amount of combinations is staggering. At some point I'd like to know exactly how many copies of each nightly for every camera people have downloaded. I am sure, the numbers will tell a tale of a resounding succes and an extremely important addition to the craft of photography and film making. Along with the brilliant inventors of Leicas, Nikons, Canons, Contax'es, Rolleis et cetera, you fine programmers and engineers really belong in the Photography/Cinematography Hall of Fame. Thank you so much for ML. And a happy Easter...

I have been thinking the same kind of words myself many time. I am now feeling guilty of not having shared them earlier.
Since the first time i loaded magic lantern on my 6D, it was like almost a revolution. I honestly feel like i'm owning a huge debt to the developer behind this MARVELOUS piece of software engineering! :)

axelcine

When I saw the battered and destroyed 5DIII on the 1st of April, I cried. I had to hug my own two darling 5D's and soothe them and tell them, that this beaten fellow was in good hands at the ML Hospital - and now, a few days later I have shown them the repaired, sound and healthy 5DIII. They both clicked happily a few times, let out a deep sigh and blinked with their f16s. My two daughters (keen photographers themselves) have finally declared me totally nuts - but then again they understand why I love 5DIII and ML. They have their photographs to prove it.