Video Portrait ML RAW 5D M3

Started by wasim89, March 23, 2018, 07:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasim89

Hii Guys, I recently shot this video portrait for Oasis NGO in India -

axelcine

Beautiful and extremely important. Should be shown everywhere in areas where women live under appalling conditions - Afghanistan, Pakistan, India of course, but also Myanmar - and in Europe, so that more people may understand the plight of women. Thank you for this important contribution - and also thanks to Oasisin for their effort towards a betterment of life for women.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

wasim89

eraizgn

Unfortunately there is a lot of different sad stories like this all over the world. Thanks for filming to attract notice.
So I loved the images, angles etc. I think it would be better if you use more macro lenses. More details more meaning..hands will have told the story with macro lens
anyway good job

anandkamal

Tamil! Beautiful composition, sharp images. What is the workflow?

wasim89

Quote from: eraizgn on April 03, 2018, 11:48:34 AM
Unfortunately there is a lot of different sad stories like this all over the world. Thanks for filming to attract notice.
So I loved the images, angles etc. I think it would be better if you use more macro lenses. More details more meaning..hands will have told the story with macro lens
anyway good job

Thank You @eraizgn, yes there are even worse things happening to women in India, so I'm quite happy to help in some way for them. 

About the lenses, yes I should have shot certain shots with a lens of higher focal length but I shot this with a 24-105 lens on a gimbal so had the setup stabilized at 35mm. I did not have much time to shoot and also the lady was quite nervous and uncomfortable in front of the camera so I had to do it without being too hard on her.

wasim89

Quote from: anandkamal on April 07, 2018, 11:32:03 AM
Tamil! Beautiful composition, sharp images. What is the workflow?

@anandkamal, haha yes, and Thank You!   I shot this with 24-105L lens.

The workflow -- MLV converted to dng using mlvfs in Mac, then converted to log along with some basic corrections in Davinci resolve and exported as prores. editing and final output in FCpX

andrew_dotdot

Really nice job. Classic 5D3 ML raw look with the sharp picture and rich colours.

Did you use a LUT in Resolve? I've sort of starting defaulting to Hunter's 3D LUT, but I'm curious to hear what other people are using.

wasim89

Quote from: andrew_dotdot on April 17, 2018, 11:35:42 PM
Really nice job. Classic 5D3 ML raw look with the sharp picture and rich colours.

Did you use a LUT in Resolve? I've sort of starting defaulting to Hunter's 3D LUT, but I'm curious to hear what other people are using.

Thank you andrew_dotdot,  I think hunters LUT is too old now, I just use the option to interpret footage as blackmagic log in raw tab of DR.