60fps & AE, HELP!

Started by Rob Curd, March 21, 2018, 12:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Curd

Hi,

I recently tried out the new crop module of the 5d3 and have a lot of 60fps raw dng's having converted them using footage.

I wanted to try after effects as resolve just crashes for me and I am much more comfortable using ACR coming from a photography background.

My current process is creating a comp in AE 1920 x 1080 60fps (I haven't decided which clips I want to slow yet). I then take the first dng and select image sequence and edit in ACR. I click and interpret the footage to 60fps as AE defaults to 30. I then drag the footage to the comp and resize to 1920 x 1080. I then export the footage in Pro res.

This seems painfully slow to do one by one, I have never used AE before so I would be grateful if anyone could explain how I can import my DNG's grade them in ACR one by one (I like this grading method) then fit them all to 1920 x 1080 60fps and export as individual pro res files within AME.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Dmytro_ua

At first I also started to use AE as I'm really good in grading photos with ACR. As you can grade only one frame I did it with Adobe Bridge (it was easier to browse through sequence looking for better frame). Then I applied this grading to all files and opened it with AE. Basic editing and export to PP. Slow, painful, awful workflow. The ONLY advantage - my beloved ACR.
Nevertheless, I'm really happy that I've spent time to learn how to grade in Resolve. The workflow and speed is perfect!
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

Rob Curd

Quote from: Dmytro_ua on March 21, 2018, 01:03:09 PM
At first I also started to use AE as I'm really good in grading photos with ACR. As you can grade only one frame I did it with Adobe Bridge (it was easier to browse through sequence looking for better frame). Then I applied this grading to all files and opened it with AE. Basic editing and export to PP. Slow, painful, awful workflow. The ONLY advantage - my beloved ACR.
Nevertheless, I'm really happy that I've spent time to learn how to grade in Resolve. The workflow and speed is perfect!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I may have to learn Resolve but my MacBook just crashes on export even at the lowest frame rate render settings.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danne

You can grade any dng file in your sequence but see to it that you add all those changes to your first dng file aswell as that one will work on all files. I would open up the file you want to grade together with the first dng and select both files as that will apply the same settings to both files.
By the way. If you´re on mac there is a way to multiprocess exports(4 in parallell) through some script shenanigans working together with aerender. Will speed up your workflow by a lot.

Rob Curd

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk