Footage has to be slowed 20% to sync??

Started by theanimist, March 12, 2018, 04:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theanimist

I searched a little last night and this morning to find answers or a post with the same issue.
I shot some tests with ML at pretty much default settings and shot the 1800x700 2:35:1 Raw (MLV lite i believe) at 23.976 fps.
Everything seemed fine so I shot part of a project in that same format but noticed it looks sped up and for some reason if i put in 80% on speed/duration in premiere, it playsback at the correct speed.
I used raw2dng for the mlv conversion and converted the DNG sequences to DNxHD HQ in after effects (all compositions were set at 23.976) so I have kept the frame rate the same during all transcodes and it was shot at 23.976 and now its in a 23.976 timeline in Premiere.

Since changing the speed isnt a huge deal and seems to work I'm not worried about changing whats already shot but I am asking for advice on what configuration my Magic Lantern settings might be that caused this in the first place so it won't happen again.
Im on a 6d mark i with a nightly build from Jan 2017.

theanimist

Hey found a fix for anyone having similar issues.
I kept reading it was the interpret footage feature but I assumed they meant in the editor but it was an issue with my workflow.
When transcoding and using ACR in AE, AE thought the footage was 30fps even though the composition was 23.976 and being coded that way.
I have to Ctrl+Alt+G and change the frame rate for each DNG sequence, still dont know why AE thinks its 30 fps but its a fix none the less.
If this post needs to be deleted that's fine. Sorry I'm new to the forum.