Short Film, EOS M ML RAW, Anamorphic, 4 min.

Started by McFly, April 04, 2018, 03:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McFly

EOS-M Ml Raw,
Exprimental crop rec,
lossless 14bit raw,
1600x694 (mv720),
fps override (25.000),
1/50 shutter.

50mm Asahi Pentax f/1.4 Lens,
Kowa 16-S Anamorphic Adapter,
Rode videomic.

Any comments will be appreciated, thanks.

dfort

It is always gratifying to see someone actually using these experimental builds. You're doing some great work with your EOSM.

One thing to watch out for with the 3x3 sampling modes is Moiré:

The easy solution is a different choice of wardrobe. Another solution would be a VAF filter but that's not available for the EOSM and would cost more than the camera. A better fix would be to figure out a workflow that can deal with it. Check out Experiment - reducing aliasing in post using optical flow and Reducing aliasing in post using enfuse/hugin align_image_stack.

[EDIT] Maybe MLV App can "fix" Moiré?

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=20025.msg199310#msg199310

Tony Weller

Enjoyed your production, looks very pro, good story.

May I ask was the sharpness down to the Pentax or post processing? or both?

Impressive, just looked that lens up @ the Pentax forum and it's highly rated, think I probably have answered my own question but would like to hear your thoughts.

700D 1.1.5, EOSM 202, 4k_crop_rec 160MHz UHS-1 overclock

McFly

Thank you for your comments. @dfort, thanks for the tips, I already used mlv-app at post-processing but didn't manage remove that heavy moire. I think we should more care about dresses, as you said. @Tony, Pentax 50mm f1.4 is really sharp lens. I didn't use any sharpness filter in post-processing (only adobe camera raw's standart sharpness), used the lens all scenes at f/2.8. Also, my post process steps: "Mlv App" for convert mlv's to dng's, after effects (with camera raw) for editing, visionlog and colorista for color grading.

rsmith02

I enjoyed the story and humor.

Perhaps have someone check over the subtitles as there are spelling and grammatical issues. If you posted it here someone might be generous enough to fix them for you ; )