5D Mark II wont go past 7 seconds

Started by snowwolfentertainment, March 30, 2018, 12:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowwolfentertainment

My canon 5d mark ii with a lexar pro x1066 64gb card only records 7 seconds of raw video. I cant seem to figure out why its not wanting to record longer.

Walter Schulz

Without more details about your settings it's impossible to answer.
Build version?
MLV_lite or mlv_rec used?
Resolution and frame rate?
Have you tried to reduce frame rate and/or resolution? Does record duration increase?

Run benchmark to make sure your card meet specs.
-> Modules tab -> bench.mo ON -> restart cam -> Debug tab -> Benchmarks -> Card Benchmarks -> Quick R/W benchmark (1 min)
Results?

zims

Quote from: snowwolfentertainment on March 30, 2018, 12:07:14 AM
My canon 5d mark ii with a lexar pro x1066 64gb card only records 7 seconds of raw video. I cant seem to figure out why its not wanting to record longer.

I can almost guarantee it's because you are trying to record massive resolution RAW. Go into settings and change resolution to 1600x--- or whatever the resolution is that gives you the green icon (instead of yellow or red). It will then say continuous or something. Sorry I'm at work and don't have time to go into more detail.

One thing I will mention as you are new to ML, you need to dig in the forums. I spent hours upon hours, days upon days reading topics in the forum. People in this community usually won't answer every single question because there are so many every day. I'm still a noob at ML however I know the basics at this point and if you want you can PM me I can help further, but I can't promise anything as I'm very busy.

reddeercity

We can only answer questions with complete information about the issue :
Cam used , Nightly build date/version , Camera settings & the situation the camera was in when problem surfaced

FYI : (Lexar x1066) 5D2 can record 14bit 1856x1044 @23.976p +audio 44.1 in mlv_rec (full MLV) for about 2min. if not more
It's continuous @ 14bit 1856x928 23.976 +audio 44.1 (68MB/s) this all easily searchable on the forum .
3x crop 14bit continuous @ 2048x872 @23.976p + audio 44.1
Max white speed is around 79MB/s  @ UDMA 6 (this maybe changeable to write @ 120MB/s with UDMA 7 with added code)